Showing 71 through 80 of 85 articles for tag hunting
- Wednesday, October 9, 2019 - To learn more about becoming a contracted nuisance alligator trapper and to apply online, visit MyFWC.com/Alligator and click on “Statewide Nuisance Alligator Program.”
- Tuesday, October 1, 2019 - FWC staff initiated the proposal to promote youth hunting and stakeholders were overwhelmingly supportive of this new opportunity.
- Tuesday, September 24, 2019 - The FWC will meet at the Radisson Resort at the Port, 8701 Astronaut Blvd., Cape Canaveral, FL 32920. The meeting begins at 8:30 a.m. each day and is open to the public.
- Wednesday, July 17, 2019 - The Florida Sportsmen’s Conservation Association (FSCA) honored Linda Collins of the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission (FWC) for her work managing the agency’s Statewide Nuisance Alligator Program (SNAP).
- Wednesday, July 17, 2019 - The award recognizes a volunteer who significantly advances the cause of safe hunting through extraordinary service in training and education.
- Wednesday, July 17, 2019 - At its July meeting in Stuart, the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission (FWC) presented Ken and Kay Corbin of Trenton with the Landowner of the Year award for the couple’s generous support of the FWC’s Youth Hunting Program of Florida.
- Thursday, June 6, 2019 - The 2019-2020 hunting season is already underway in south Florida’s Zone A and will soon be opening in the other three hunting zones. This season, there are new statewide rule changes that hunters need to understand, especially when it comes to hunting deer.
- Monday, May 6, 2019 - Apply to take part in the annual statewide recreational alligator harvest, which always runs Aug. 15 – Nov. 1.
- Thursday, April 11, 2019 - The meeting begins at 6:30 p.m. April 23, at the Southeastern Livestock Pavilion and Extension Auditorium, 2228 NE Jacksonville Road in Ocala.
- Monday, March 4, 2019 - The FWC partners with multiple government agencies and other conservation organizations to pool their resources and improve Florida turkey habitat.