Showing 501 through 510 of 512 articles
- Wednesday, February 8, 2017 - At its February meeting in Crystal River, the FWC discussed future management possibilities for goliath grouper, Gulf of Mexico red snapper, Gulf of Mexico gray triggerfish, and Gulf of Mexico gag grouper.
- Monday, February 6, 2017 - Come celebrate this songbird at the 8th annual Florida Scrub-Jay Festival on Saturday, Feb. 18, at Jonathan Dickinson State Park, about 12 miles south of Stuart on U.S. 1.
- Monday, February 6, 2017 - When left in the aquatic environment, fishing line and tackle create potential traps for unsuspecting wildlife that can become entangled and snared, leading to injury and death.
- Friday, February 3, 2017 - The FWC is asking the public to assist with Florida panther research and management by reporting sightings of the large feline to the agency’s panther sightings webpage.
- Friday, February 3, 2017 - The 2016-2017 hunting seasons are winding down, however, there are still great opportunities to get out there.
- Wednesday, February 1, 2017 - The FWC will meet Feb. 8-9 at the Plantation on Crystal River, 9301 W. Fort Island Trail, Crystal River, FL 34429.
- Monday, January 23, 2017 - The FWC and UF/IFAS continue to work with other partners on additional projects aimed at removing pythons and other nonnative species in Florida.
- Wednesday, January 18, 2017 - The plan outlines the steps to conserve 57 species along with the broader vision of restoring habitats essential to the long-term survival of multiple fish and wildlife species.
- Tuesday, January 17, 2017 - The FWC will host a free public event Saturday from 10 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. at the Fred C. Babcock/Cecil M. Webb Wildlife Management Area, 29200 Tuckers Grade, Punta Gorda.
- Friday, January 13, 2017 - For his exceptional performance, the FWC has named Officer Jason Hutchinson its 2017 Officer of the Year.