Showing 461 through 470 of 498 articles
- Monday, February 19, 2018 - From fish kills to exotic species, to trapped or injured wildlife, FWC Reporter connects citizens to FWC experts directly from their Apple or Android devices.
- Wednesday, February 14, 2018 - The health and safety of the public is the Commission’s number one priority. Feeding wild monkeys creates an elevated risk to human health because it brings them into closer contact with people.
FWC approves draft rule to gather data from for-hire industry, discusses future of Gulf red snapper managementThursday, February 8, 2018 - The proposal would require for-hire operations that target or harvest certain reef fish in Gulf of Mexico state waters (excluding Monroe County) to report their intention to harvest these species.
- Thursday, February 8, 2018 - The FWC approved regionally-specific bay scallop open season dates for 2018, including a change to the season for Levy, Citrus and Hernando counties and also approved a trial bay scallop season in state waters off Pasco County.
- Wednesday, February 7, 2018 - The change, effective April 1, 2018, will add April to the existing May-through-July season closure for the harvest of permit inside the Special Permit Zone.
- Wednesday, February 7, 2018 - The Shikar-Safari Club International named FWC Officer Michael Bibeau its 2018 Wildlife Officer of the Year during the Commission meeting near Tallahassee.
- Wednesday, February 7, 2018 - The FWC named Washington County landowner George C. Owens as the 2017 Florida Land Steward of the Year for managing his property with exemplary land stewardship through his innovative use of silvipasture practices
- Wednesday, February 7, 2018 - The species guidelines are designed to be a tool for landowners, consultants, agency partners and other interested parties on how to conserve these eight imperiled species.
- Wednesday, February 7, 2018 - More information about the WMAs’ 75th anniversary and the experiences that WMAs offer to Floridians and visitors all year-long can be found at MyFWC.com/WMA75.
- Friday, February 2, 2018 - Reef Rangers is a year-round lionfish removal program where individuals and teams of divers pledge to remove lionfish from adopted reef sites of their choice.