Showing 251 through 260 of 456 articles
- Thursday, December 13, 2018 - The FWC voted to continue moving forward with proposed rules that would help protect the state from a variety of invasive species including birds, reptiles and mammals.
- Thursday, December 13, 2018 - The FWC approved a draft proposal that would maintain high-quality snorkeling and diving opportunities at the Blue Heron Bridge/Phil Foster County Park in Palm Beach County.
FWC seeks input on bay scallop long-term management solutions and announces 2019 regional season dates in most areasThursday, December 13, 2018 - The FWC is gathering input on the bay scallop season structure for 2020 and beyond via an online survey.
- Thursday, December 13, 2018 - Under the current draft proposal, the Gulf season would be open June 11 through July 12, with a possible fall reopening if quota is available.
- Thursday, December 13, 2018 - Zone 1 was activated on the Suwannee and runs from the U.S. 90 Bridge at Ellaville south to the State Road 51 Bridge at Luraville. On the Santa Fe, Zone 8 was activated.
- Thursday, December 6, 2018 - The FWC's TrophyCatch program awarded its Season 6 Phoenix 819 Pro bass boat and trailer, powered by a 200 hp Mercury Marine outboard, guided with a MotorGuide trolling motor and anchored with a Power-Pole, to Benjamin Porter from Jacksonville.
- Wednesday, December 5, 2018 - Four new species – white grunt, blueline tilefish, schoolmaster snapper and red porgy – will be added to the list of species eligible for a Florida Saltwater Fishing Record.
- Wednesday, December 5, 2018 - The FWC will meet Dec. 12-13 at World Golf Village Renaissance St. Augustine Resort, 500 S. Legacy Trail, St. Augustine, Florida 32092. Both days are open to the public.
- Tuesday, December 4, 2018 - Port Orange CWA is closed to public access from Jan. 1 to Aug. 31 to help conserve nesting birds. The new in-water signs alert boaters and others enjoying area waterways about the CWA boundaries.
- Monday, December 3, 2018 - December brings cooler weather and with that comes wintering migratory birds just in time for the start of the second phase of waterfowl and coot season and the third phase of mourning and white-winged dove.