Showing 121 through 130 of 156 articles for tag wildlife
- Tuesday, August 22, 2017 - Sea turtle hatchlings are small and appear helpless, so people may make the mistake of thinking they need assistance getting to the water. But you can help hatchlings home by leaving them alone.
- Monday, July 31, 2017 - The county and city purchased 250 sets of hardware that can be added to regular, sturdy trash cans to make them bear resistant.
- Thursday, July 20, 2017 - The FWC will focus on providing funding to local governments with BearWise ordinances requiring residents and businesses to keep garbage secure from bears.
- Wednesday, July 19, 2017 - Decals generate funding for research, rescue and management efforts that help Florida’s manatees and sea turtles survive.
- Thursday, June 29, 2017 - Please respect shorebird and sea turtle areas that are posted to protect these vulnerable species, but remember not all nests are posted.
- Thursday, June 22, 2017 - The FWC is performing routine maintenance and replacing degraded waterway signs in the existing boundaries of the manatee zones.
- Thursday, June 15, 2017 - Matthew Hortman, an FWC biologist who works on the Apalachicola River WEA, received the Florida Department of Environmental Protection’s 2016 Resource Manager of the Year award at the June 14 meeting of the Governor and Cabinet in Tallahassee.
- Thursday, June 1, 2017 - The FWC awarded Seminole County a $200,000 BearWise grant to help reduce prices for residents living within the Urban Bear Management Area (west of Interstate 4).
- Wednesday, May 24, 2017 - During the course of the investigation, FWC undercover officers documented numerous criminal violations, resulting in the arrest of nine individuals for 44 felony violations.
- Monday, May 22, 2017 - The FWC will hold open-house style public meetings in June to provide information and gather input on the agency’s development of Conservation Measures and Permitting Guidelines for the Florida burrowing owl.