Showing 691 through 700 of 722 articles
- Tuesday, April 3, 2018 - Invasive hydrilla will be treated only in boat trails, but water lettuce and water hyacinth will be treated throughout the lake.
- Tuesday, April 3, 2018 - The FWC is celebrating its volunteers who help conserve fish, wildlife and habitats, and help improve public access and skills related to outdoor experiences such as hunting, fishing, boating and wildlife viewing.
- Monday, April 2, 2018 - This area in Taylor County has been closed for construction since Jan. 2 to address damages done to the Hickory Mound Impoundment during Hurricane Hermine in September 2016.
- Monday, April 2, 2018 - This spring and summer, there will be numerous hog hunts (mostly on weekends) on several WMAs.
- Monday, March 26, 2018 - Because alligators control their body temperature by basking in the sun, they may be easily observed. However, the FWC urges people to keep their distance if they see one. And never feed alligators because it is dangerous and illegal.
- Monday, March 19, 2018 -
- Monday, March 19, 2018 - Bat maternity season begins April 15 and runs through August 15. Exclusions of bat colonies must be completed before the season starts.
- Thursday, March 15, 2018 - From April 1 through Nov. 15, seasonal manatee zones require boaters to slow down in certain areas to prevent manatees from being struck by motorboats or personal watercrafts.
- Wednesday, March 14, 2018 - The improvements will address storm damage to the dam. Construction is scheduled to begin April 1 and continue through August, weather permitting.
- Monday, March 12, 2018 - During the week of March 18-24, NASBLA and the FWC encourage all boaters to take part in the national Spring Aboard – Take A Boating Education Course campaign by taking a boating safety course.