Showing 671 through 680 of 699 articles
- Monday, April 2, 2018 - This spring and summer, there will be numerous hog hunts (mostly on weekends) on several WMAs.
- Monday, March 26, 2018 - Because alligators control their body temperature by basking in the sun, they may be easily observed. However, the FWC urges people to keep their distance if they see one. And never feed alligators because it is dangerous and illegal.
- Monday, March 19, 2018 -
- Monday, March 19, 2018 - Bat maternity season begins April 15 and runs through August 15. Exclusions of bat colonies must be completed before the season starts.
- Thursday, March 15, 2018 - From April 1 through Nov. 15, seasonal manatee zones require boaters to slow down in certain areas to prevent manatees from being struck by motorboats or personal watercrafts.
- Wednesday, March 14, 2018 - The improvements will address storm damage to the dam. Construction is scheduled to begin April 1 and continue through August, weather permitting.
- Monday, March 12, 2018 - During the week of March 18-24, NASBLA and the FWC encourage all boaters to take part in the national Spring Aboard – Take A Boating Education Course campaign by taking a boating safety course.
- Friday, March 2, 2018 - Holmes County hunters will enjoy their first full-length spring turkey season after 20 years – a result of a successful wild turkey restoration project and partnership between the FWC, National Wild Turkey Federation and local landowners.
- Thursday, March 1, 2018 - Keeping Florida’s beaches dark and uncluttered at night can help protect sea turtles that return to nest on our beaches.
- Tuesday, February 27, 2018 - These sighting reports provide important information about population distribution to the FWC. Although horseshoe crabs have existed for about 450 million years, their numbers have declined due to overfishing and loss of habitat.