Showing 611 through 619 of 619 articles
- Wednesday, April 19, 2017 - As shown by today’s staff presentation on population, habitat, human-bear conflict and outreach, we have a long-standing, proactive approach to bear management and will continue to build on that existing foundation.
- Tuesday, April 11, 2017 - Florida’s four-month bat maternity season starts April 16 and lasts through Aug. 14. The FWC reminds the public they cannot do exclusions to remove bats from buildings during this time when bats are giving birth and raising their young.
- Monday, April 3, 2017 - Florida Gopher Tortoise Day is being celebrated on April 10, with the FWC encouraging communities, organizations and individuals to help conserve this threatened species.
- Friday, March 17, 2017 - Many course providers will offer incentives or course discounts for students who enroll in or complete a course during the “Spring Aboard” campaign.
- Monday, March 13, 2017 - Over the past few decades, the panther population has grown significantly. As the population grows, the chance for interaction between panthers and humans also increases – which can be bad for both people and panthers.
- Friday, March 3, 2017 - Spring turkey season south of S.R. 70 runs March 4 through April 9. In the rest of the state (except for Holmes County), it is March 18 through April 23. In Holmes County, the season is March 18 through April 2.
- Monday, January 23, 2017 - The FWC and UF/IFAS continue to work with other partners on additional projects aimed at removing pythons and other nonnative species in Florida.
- Tuesday, January 10, 2017 - To learn more about upcoming events or to find a WMA near you, visit MyFWC.com/WMA75.
- Monday, January 9, 2017 - When you can, offer to take somebody new hunting – be a mentor and help connect others with nature by introducing them to a longstanding tradition that is such a big part of our American culture.