Showing 391 through 400 of 479 articles
- Tuesday, July 11, 2017 - Capt. Pat Kelly, Florida Guides Association president, presented FWC officers Peter “Sean” Gaudion and Michael Bibeau with the “Trained Eyes Coastwatchers” Officer of the Year award.
- Monday, July 10, 2017 - The Commission did not take action on draft changes to sheepshead and tripletail in order to give staff time to gather more input from commercial and recreational stakeholders on potential changes.
- Thursday, July 6, 2017 - Whether you prefer the solitude of hunting whitetails on St. Vincent Island or if you’d like to join the FWC’s Dove Club, you need to get your permit in July.
- Friday, June 30, 2017 - The meeting both days starts at 8:30 a.m. and is open to the public. The public will be provided opportunities to speak on agenda items both days.
- Friday, June 30, 2017 - The FWC urges boaters to use caution while boating on this busy holiday. Many boating accidents are caused by inattentiveness or improper lookout.
- Thursday, June 29, 2017 - Please respect shorebird and sea turtle areas that are posted to protect these vulnerable species, but remember not all nests are posted.
- Thursday, June 22, 2017 - The FWC is performing routine maintenance and replacing degraded waterway signs in the existing boundaries of the manatee zones.
- Tuesday, June 20, 2017 - The public can report fish kills to the FWC at MyFWC.com/FishKill or by calling the FWC Fish Kill Hotline at 800-636-0511.
FWC law enforcement to participate in Operation Dry Water, national effort against boating under the influenceTuesday, June 20, 2017 - Law enforcement agencies nationwide will be out June 30-July 2, looking for boaters who choose to boat under the influence, and removing them from the water.
- Thursday, June 15, 2017 - Matthew Hortman, an FWC biologist who works on the Apalachicola River WEA, received the Florida Department of Environmental Protection’s 2016 Resource Manager of the Year award at the June 14 meeting of the Governor and Cabinet in Tallahassee.