Showing 1 through 10 of 723 articles
U.S. Army Corps of Engineers renames Moore Haven Lock and Dam to honor fallen FWC Officer Julian Keen, Jr.Friday, June 18, 2021 - Officer Keen was shot and killed in LaBelle last June after attempting to stop a hit-and-run suspect while off duty. He served more than six years with the FWC and was highly respected in his community.
- Wednesday, June 16, 2021 - The free regional event will be held on June 26 at the South Florida Science Center and Aquarium in the Stiles-Nicholson Education Center, 4800 Dreher Trail N in West Palm Beach.
- Tuesday, June 15, 2021 - Open-water fishing is challenging and requires technique and prior research.
- Monday, June 14, 2021 - Col. Young will oversee more than 1,000 employees in the FWC’s Division of Law Enforcement who protect Florida’s natural resources and provide public safety on state lands and waters.
- Wednesday, June 9, 2021 - Reef restoration experiments in Florida have never been replicated on such a large scale before, with 24 outplanting sites spanning from Martin County down the coast of southeast Florida to Key West.
- Tuesday, June 8, 2021 - Pay close attention to signs of barotrauma and be prepared to respond.
- Thursday, June 3, 2021 - The FWC offers public hunting opportunities for wild hog at 26 wildlife management areas across the state.
- Thursday, June 3, 2021 - Governor Ron DeSantis announced the opening of registration for the 2021 Florida Python Challenge® which will be held July 9-18, 2021.
- Wednesday, June 2, 2021 - Included in the Governor’s Florida Leads Budget is critical funding to continue red tide research as a part of the more than $625 million for Everglades restoration and protection of Florida’s water resources.
- Tuesday, June 1, 2021 - The recreational red snapper season will start June 4 in Gulf state and federal waters off Florida and remain open through July 28, closing July 29.