Showing 1 through 10 of 664 articles
- Wednesday, April 7, 2021 - This year, you can celebrate gopher tortoises by making your yard tortoise friendly and participating in our new recognition program.
- Monday, April 5, 2021 - Applicants must pass a criminal history check, have no fish or wildlife law violations, and possess a valid, working email address.
- Friday, April 2, 2021 - The FWC will treat invasive hydrilla in the Osceola County lake in areas where it is encroaching on beneficial native submersed aquatic plants and may impact access to navigation and flood protection.
- Thursday, April 1, 2021 - The Ocala Outdoor Adventure Camp gives youth aged 8 to 17 an opportunity to experience the outdoors through a variety of safe, fun and age appropriate weeklong camps.
- Thursday, April 1, 2021 - The FWC will present a 10-year management plan for the Lafayette Forest Wildlife and Environmental Area at a virtual public meeting on April 15, at 7 p.m.
- Wednesday, March 31, 2021 - The FWC is reminding anyone on the water to slow down and look out for manatees while boating in Florida this spring.
- Wednesday, March 31, 2021 - The University of Florida, with assistance from the FWC, have extended the deadline to take the Freshwater Stocking Angler Survey to April 30.
- Tuesday, March 30, 2021 - Christian Greico from Tampa caught the $5,000 prize trophy bass during the Lake Apopka Fish Tag Challenge, which began in January and ends May 31.
- Monday, March 29, 2021 - The FWC will be holding three virtual workshops to gather public input about the short-term management of snook, redfish and spotted seatrout in southwest Florida.
- Monday, March 29, 2021 - Beachgoers can help protect nesting sea turtles by practicing some simple tips.