Showing 1 through 10 of 812 articles
FWC’s Operation Dry Water promotes education, enforcement for boating under the influence this weekendFriday, July 1, 2022 - FWC officers will be enforcing Florida’s boating under the influence laws and educating boaters about safe boating practices, which includes boating sober.
- Thursday, June 30, 2022 - As TrophyCatch heads into the last months of Season 10 and the 10-Tag Celebration, eight more prized fish are still swimming in Florida lakes and the FWC is offering clues about where to find them.
- Wednesday, June 29, 2022 - The FWC reminds beachgoers how to help protect vulnerable beach-nesting birds while enjoying Florida’s coastal habitats this holiday weekend.
- Wednesday, June 29, 2022 - The FWC announced today that a total of 12 derelict vessels will be removed from the waterways of Levy County.
- Tuesday, June 28, 2022 - For the full July 13-14 agenda and links to background reports, go to MyFWC.com/Commission and select “Commission Meetings.”
- Thursday, June 23, 2022 - When a fish survives release, it has another opportunity to reproduce and grow the population, leading to more fishing opportunities in the future.
- Tuesday, June 21, 2022 - Over 45 volunteers joined FWC staff in planting more than 50,000 eelgrass plants along the shallow shoreline areas of the lake.
- Thursday, June 16, 2022 - Members of the public are now able to take the required online training and register to compete to win thousands of dollars in prizes while removing invasive Burmese pythons from the wild.
Second tagged bass caught for TrophyCatch’s 10-Tag Celebration! Eight remain swimming across the stateThursday, June 16, 2022 - The second tagged bass was caught on Newnans Lake on June 11 by RJ Crawford, an angler from High Springs.
- Wednesday, June 15, 2022 - Help sea turtles have a successful nesting season by giving them space, removing beach furniture at night, keeping beaches clean and dark, and never disturbing their nests.