Showing 1 through 10 of 940 articles
- Thursday, December 7, 2023 - On Tuesday, Governor Ron DeSantis announced the proposed Fiscal 2024-2025 Focus on Florida’s Future Budget, solidifying his commitment to support the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission’s (FWC) mission to protect Florida’s natural resources. The budget will help provide Floridians with more opportunities to get outdoors and high-priority conservation items including coral reef restoration, derelict vessel removal and habitat restoration initiatives.
- Wednesday, December 6, 2023 - This endangered species is extremely hard to spot and collisions with vessels put passengers and crew at risk and could cause injury or death to right whales.
- Wednesday, December 6, 2023 - The proposed amendments will increase public safety, improve animal welfare, clarify current rule language, increase professionalism and update requirements for wildlife rehabilitation permittees.
- Tuesday, December 5, 2023 - The FWC approved two rule modifications to the Black Bass Tournament Exemption Permit and the Scientific Collector’s Permit.
FWC announces Charles “Rett” Boyd as Assistant Executive Director and George Warthen as Chief Conservation OfficerTuesday, December 5, 2023 - The two key leadership positions will ensure the continued success of the FWC and its mission.
- Thursday, November 30, 2023 - The minimum size limit for flounder is 14 inches total length and the daily recreational bag limit is five fish per person.
- Wednesday, November 29, 2023 - The FWC is seeking public input on a draft addendum to the State Wildlife Action Plan. The purpose of this addendum is to incorporate 596 native plant species into the state’s Species of Greatest Conservation Need list.
Start planning for the new year: The FWC announces new Saltwater Fishing Record categories coming in 2024Tuesday, November 28, 2023 - In addition to the current All Tackle and Fly-Fishing Weight categories, the FWC will add a Youth Weight category for anglers aged 15 and under, and Youth and Adult Length categories to allow for catch-and-release records.
- Monday, November 20, 2023 - For the full Dec. 5 agenda and links to background reports, go to MyFWC.com/Commission and select “Commission Meetings.”
- Thursday, November 16, 2023 - These rule changes are part of the FWC’s Florida Trophy Bass Project and intended to create conditions that increase the waterbodies’ potential to produce largemouth bass 15 pounds and heavier.