Showing 1 through 10 of 868 articles
- Saturday, September 24, 2022 - The FWC meeting scheduled for Sept. 28-29 at the Hilton Miami Dadeland has been cancelled due to Tropical Storm Ian.
- Friday, September 23, 2022 - The Sept. 29 workshop will be hosted by the City of Port St. Lucie at the Port St. Lucie City Hall. Representatives from local governments in nearby counties are encouraged to attend.
- Friday, September 23, 2022 - The FWC has gathered informational resources to help boaters prepare for storms and be better able to deal with the aftermath.
- Friday, September 23, 2022 - The cattail management areas proposed by the FWC have been approved by the Lake Okeechobee Aquatic Plant Management Interagency Task Force (an advisory group of state and federal agencies with public input on aquatic plant management conducted by the FWC, the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers and Water Management District on Lake Okeechobee) and Audubon Florida.
FWC reminds captive wildlife facilities, owners, operators to prepare and have a plan in place for impending severe weatherFriday, September 23, 2022 - After Hurricane Andrew in 1992, the FWC instituted additional requirements for captive wildlife owners to reduce the threat of escape or injury of captive wildlife.
- Monday, September 19, 2022 - Students in kindergarten through twelfth grade can compete in this free contest for a chance to win state and national honors and prizes.
- Friday, September 16, 2022 - This year’s tournament boasted a total of 707 registered participants, the most in the program’s history.
- Thursday, September 15, 2022 - The FWC, with the support of several partner organizations, has begun a habitat restoration project focused on improving habitat for manatees in the downstream outflow of Warm Mineral Springs in the city of North Port, Sarasota County.
- Thursday, September 15, 2022 - The public hearing will be held Oct. 5 at 7 p.m. in the Santa Rosa Board of County Commissioner Chambers at 6495 Caroline St., Suite M, in Milton.
- Tuesday, September 13, 2022 - The FWC will meet in person Sept. 28-29 at the Hilton Miami Dadeland, 9100 N. Kendall Drive, Miami, FL 33176. The meeting begins at 8:30 a.m. ET each day and is open to the public