Showing 891 through 900 of 932 articles
- Monday, February 24, 2020 - The new spotted seatrout size limit statewide is 15 to 19 inches total length, with one over 19 inches per vessel allowed.
- Monday, February 24, 2020 - Teaching children a lifelong hobby, instilling appreciation for our marine environment and providing fun, family outings are the objectives for the Kids’ Fishing Clinic.
- Monday, February 24, 2020 - The FWC has launched a new online guide with information about how to hunt wild turkeys
- Wednesday, February 19, 2020 - The FWC approved several regulatory changes aimed at achieving fishery management goals in Biscayne National Park.
FWC extends snook, red drum and spotted seatrout catch-and-release measures in areas impacted by prolonged red tideWednesday, February 19, 2020 - All three species will remain catch-and-release through May 31, 2021, in all waters from the Hernando/Pasco county line south through Gordon Pass in Collier County.
- Wednesday, February 19, 2020 - The Shikar-Safari Club International named FWC Officer Michael Rice its 2019 Wildlife Officer of the Year during the Commission meeting in Tallahassee.
- Wednesday, February 19, 2020 - The FWC honored Bob Jenkins as the 2020 Florida Land Steward Landowner of the Year.
- Wednesday, February 19, 2020 - FWC Avian Conservation Coordinator Craig Faulhaber was awarded the 2019 Rodney Barreto FWC Employee of the Year Award. The Foundation also honored recently retired FYCCN Director Rae Waddell with the 2019 Louise Ireland Humphrey Award.
- Wednesday, February 19, 2020 - Those interested in attending a course can register online and obtain information about future hunter safety classes at MyFWC.com/HunterSafety or by calling the FWC’s regional office in West Palm Beach at 561-625-5122.
- Wednesday, February 19, 2020 - The long-term bay scallop season in Gulf County (including St. Joseph Bay) to open Aug. 16 through Sept. 24 each year beginning in 2021.