Showing 531 through 540 of 543 articles
- Thursday, May 18, 2017 - The FWC reminds the public to be aware that bears are becoming more active this time of year. There are important things people can do over the next few months to reduce negative interactions with Florida’s largest land mammal.
- Wednesday, May 17, 2017 - In conjunction with National Safe Boating Week, Gov. Rick Scott has issued a proclamation declaring May 20-26, Safe Boating Week in Florida.
- Monday, April 24, 2017 - The Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission (FWC) is launching new programs to encourage people to help remove nonnative Burmese pythons from the Everglades ecosystem and surrounding area.
- Thursday, April 20, 2017 - At its April 20 meeting in Tallahassee, the FWC approved closing Gulf state waters to recreational harvest of greater amberjack for the remainder of 2017, starting April 22.
- Wednesday, April 19, 2017 - As shown by today’s staff presentation on population, habitat, human-bear conflict and outreach, we have a long-standing, proactive approach to bear management and will continue to build on that existing foundation.
- Tuesday, April 11, 2017 - Florida’s four-month bat maternity season starts April 16 and lasts through Aug. 14. The FWC reminds the public they cannot do exclusions to remove bats from buildings during this time when bats are giving birth and raising their young.
- Monday, April 3, 2017 - Florida Gopher Tortoise Day is being celebrated on April 10, with the FWC encouraging communities, organizations and individuals to help conserve this threatened species.
- Friday, March 17, 2017 - Many course providers will offer incentives or course discounts for students who enroll in or complete a course during the “Spring Aboard” campaign.
- Monday, March 13, 2017 - Over the past few decades, the panther population has grown significantly. As the population grows, the chance for interaction between panthers and humans also increases – which can be bad for both people and panthers.
- Friday, March 3, 2017 - Spring turkey season south of S.R. 70 runs March 4 through April 9. In the rest of the state (except for Holmes County), it is March 18 through April 23. In Holmes County, the season is March 18 through April 2.