Tosohatchee - Planning Your Visit
Tosohatchee offers year-round opportunities for recreation, although horses are not permitted during periods open to hunting. Small, high-quality hunts for deer and feral hog are held on several weekends in the fall. Turkey hunts are held on three weekends in March and April.
In the fall, winter and spring, temperatures are usually pleasant. These are the best times to see a variety of migratory birds, or hike, bike, horseback ride. Butterfly and plant enthusiasts will appreciate fall and spring wildflowers and the butterflies they attract. Many varieties of ferns, bromeliads and orchids flourish here.
- Get directions to Tosohatchee WMA
- See the regulations summary for hours of operation and vehicle use guidelines.
- Dogs are permitted, but must be kept under physical restraint at all times. Regulations regarding hunting dogs can be found in the Hunting Regulations summary.
- Restrooms are available at this location.
- The Florida National Scenic Trail traverses the area. This trail is open to hikers throughout the year.
- A Daily-Use Permit is required to enter this area, unless you have purchased a Wildlife Management Area Permit. To hunt or fish you must also possess the appropriate license and permit.
Seasons Summary Dates (range July 2018 through June 2019)
|Archery||October 4-7 and 11-14|
|General Gun||November 15-18 and 23-25|
|Muzzleloading Gun||October 25-28 and November 1-4|
|Spring Turkey||March 16-18, March 29-31 and April 12-14 (legal shooting hours are 1/2 hour before sunrise until 1 p.m.)|
|Wild Hog-Dog||January 11-13, 14-17 and February 8-10, 11-14|
Calendar does not reflect migratory game bird hunting seasons; please check the regulations summary for specifics.