J.W. Corbett - Planning Your Visit
Hunting at J.W. Corbett WMA is most prevalent in the fall season. Hunters can camp at a number of sites, and fishing can be enjoyed in the semi-circular, stocked man-made ponds. The Hungryland Boardwalk and Trail is located far from the hunting area and is open year-round. Hiking along the 1.2-mile trail is most pleasant in the fall, winter, and spring. In the spring and fall, oak hammocks and cypress swamps along the trail come alive with the songs of migratory warblers. During fall and winter, you may see pairs of sandhill cranes that nest on the area. In the summer, the Everglades Youth Conservation Camp offers a host of programs for youth and families. The cooler, drier months of the year are good for camping and observing wading bird.
- Get directions to J.W. Corbett Wildlife Management Area.
- Order the J.W. Corbett recreation guide or print the shorter Ready Set Go guide.
- Dogs are permitted, but must be kept under physical restraint at all times. Find regulations regarding hunting dogs in the Regulations Summary.
- Restrooms are not available at this location.
- A Daily-Use Permit is required to enter this area, unless you have purchased a Wildlife Management Area Permit.
- To hunt or fish you must possess the appropriate license and permit.
- Through-hikers on the Ocean to Lake Trail are exempt from the day-use fee.
- Public recreational access is allowed year-round except two weeks prior to archery season when the area is closed. Check the public access section of the Regulations Summary for more information. Hiking on the Ocean to Lake Trail and the Hungryland Boardwalk and Trail is allowed year-round.
- For more information on camping, see the Regulations Summary.
Seasons Summary Dates (range July 2019 through June 2020)
|Archery||August 31 - September 22|
|Muzzleloading Gun||October 5-20|
|General Gun||November 9 - January 1|
|Small Game||January 2 - February 16|
|Spring Turkey - Youth||February 29 - March 1|
|Spring Turkey||March 7 - April 12 (Saturdays, Sundays and Wednesdays only)|