J.W. Corbett - Planning Your Visit
In the fall, hunting pressure on Corbett is intense. Hunters can camp at a number of sites and enjoy fishing in semi-circular, stocked manmade ponds. The Hungryland Boardwalk and Trail is located far from the hunting area and is open year-round. Hiking along the 1.2-mile trail is most pleasant in the fall, winter, and spring. In the spring and fall, oak hammocks and cypress swamps along the trail are alive with songs of migratory warblers. During fall and winter, you may see pairs of sandhill cranes that nest on the area. In the summer, the Everglades Youth Conservation Camp offers a host of programs for youth and families. The cooler, drier months of the year are good for camping and observing wading bird.
- Get directions to J.W. Corbett Wildlife Management Area.
- Order the J.W. Corbett recreation guide or print the shorter Ready Set Go guide.
- Dogs are permitted, but must be kept under physical restraint at all times. Find regulations regarding hunting dogs in the regulations summary.
- Restrooms are not available at this location.
- A daily-use permit is required to enter this area, unless you have purchased a Wildlife Management Area Permit. To hunt or fish you must also possess the appropriate license and permit. Through-hikers on the Ocean to Lake Trail are exempt from the day-use fee.
- Public recreational access is allowed year-round except two weeks prior to archery season when the area is closed. Check the public access section of the regulations summary for more information. Hiking on the Ocean to Lake Trail and the Hungryland Boardwalk and Trail is allowed year-round.
Seasons Summary Dates (range July 2018 through June 2019)
|Archery||August 25 through September 16|
|Muzzleloading Gun||September 29 through October 14|
|General Gun||November 3 through January 1|
|Small Game||January 2 through February 17|
|Spring Turkey - Youth||February 23-24 (Legal shooting hours are 1/2 hour before sunrise until sunset)|
|Spring Turkey||March 2 through April 7 (Saturdays, Sundays and Wednesdays only) (Legal shooting hours are 1/2 hour before sunrise until sunset)|
Calendar does not reflect migratory game bird hunting seasons; please check the regulations summary for specifics.