Jones/Hungryland - Planning Your Visit
The best time to hike or bike the trails is later in the dry season (March through May). At other times, portions of the trails are likely to be flooded. Summer and fall are good times to enjoy the rare Catesby lily and other wildflowers blooming in the wet prairies and flatwoods. Birding is good most seasons, but more concentrated as the wet prairies and ponds begin to dry out.
- Get directions to John C. and Mariana Jones/Hungryland WEA.
- See the regulations summary for hours of operation and vehicle use guidelines.
- Dogs are permitted but must be kept under physical restraint at all time. Regulations regarding hunting dogs can be found in the regulations summary.
- Restrooms are available at this location.
- No daily-use permit is required. To hunt or fish you must possess the appropriate license and permit.
Seasons Summary Dates (range July 2018 through June 2019)
|Archery||September 8-11, 15-18, 22-25 and September 29 through October 2|
|Muzzleloading Gun||October 13-15|
|General Gun||October 27-29, November 3-5 and 10-12|
|Small Game||November 17 through January 13|
|Spring Turkey||March 16-31 (Saturdays, Sundays and Wednesdays only) (Legal shooting hours are 1/2 hour before sunrise until 1 p.m.)|
Calendar does not reflect migratory game bird hunting seasons; please check the regulations summary for specifics.