Jones/Hungryland - Planning Your Visit
The best time to hike or bike the trails is later in the dry season (March through May). At other times, portions of the trails are likely to be flooded. Summer and fall are good times to enjoy the rare Catesby lily and other wildflowers blooming in the wet prairies and flatwoods. Birding is good most seasons, but more concentrated as the wet prairies and ponds begin to dry out.
Get directions by selecting an entrance icon on the entrance finder map.
- For hours of operation and vehicle use guidelines, see the regulations summary brochure.
- Download the Hungryland Recreational Guide.
- Dogs are permitted but must be kept under physical restraint at all time. Regulations regarding hunting dogs can be found in the regulations summary brochure.
- Restrooms are available at this location.
- No Daily-Use Permit is required. To hunt or fish you must possess the appropriate license and permit.
- During scheduled hunt days, all visitors are encouraged to wear a daylight fluorescent orange shirt, vest, jacket and/or hat.