Jones/Hungryland - Planning Your Visit
The best time to hike or bike the trails is later in the dry season (March through May). At other times, portions of the trails are likely to be flooded. Summer and fall are good times to enjoy the rare Catesby lily and other wildflowers blooming in the wet prairies and flatwoods. Birding is good most seasons, but more concentrated as the wet prairies and ponds begin to dry out.
- Get directions to John C. and Mariana Jones/Hungryland WEA.
- For hours of operation and vehicle use guidelines, see the regulations summary brochure.
- Download the Hungryland Recreational Guide.
- Dogs are permitted but must be kept under physical restraint at all time. Regulations regarding hunting dogs can be found in the regulations summary brochure.
- Restrooms are available at this location.
- No Daily-Use Permit is required. To hunt or fish you must possess the appropriate license and permit.
- During scheduled hunt days, all visitors are encouraged to wear a daylight fluorescent orange shirt, vest, jacket and/or hat.
Jones/Hungryland Hunting Seasons
Archery: Sep 11-14, 18-21, 25-28, Oct 2-5
Muzzleloading Gun: Oct 16-18
General Gun: Oct 30 – Nov 1, Nov 6-8, 13-15
Small Game: Nov 20 – Jan 9
Turkey: Mar 19 – Apr 3 (Saturdays, Sundays and Wednesdays only)
Migratory Bird: See migratory bird hunting dates
These season dates are not comprehensive guides to the hunting seasons on these areas and may be subject to change. For additional information about dates, times and regulations please check the regulations summary brochure.