Jones/Hungryland - Planning Your Visit
The best time to hike or bike the trails is later in the dry season (March through May). At other times, portions of the trails are likely to be flooded. Summer and fall are good times to enjoy the rare Catesby lily and other wildflowers blooming in the wet prairies and flatwoods. Birding is good most seasons, but more concentrated as the wet prairies and ponds begin to dry out.
- Get directions to John C. and Mariana Jones/Hungryland WEA.
- See the Regulations Summary for hours of operation and vehicle use guidelines.
- Dogs are permitted but must be kept under physical restraint at all time. Regulations regarding hunting dogs can be found in the Regulations Summary.
- Restrooms are available at this location.
- No Daily-Use Permit is required. To hunt or fish you must possess the appropriate license and permit.
Seasons Summary Dates (range July 2019 through June 2020)
|Archery||September 14-17, 21-24, September 28 - October 1, and October 5-8|
|Muzzleloading Gun||October 19-21|
|General Gun||November 2-4, 9-11, and 16-18|
|Small Game||November 23 - January 12|
|Spring Turkey||March 21 - April 5 (Saturdays, Sundays and Wednesdays only)|