Babcock/Webb - Planning Your Visit
Babcock/Webb WMA offers something for everyone, in all seasons. Visit in fall or spring to view the tremendous diversity of migratory birds that visit the area. The network of roads through the area means that you can explore in the heat of summer without facing an onslaught of heat and bugs. Winter visitors can comfortably fish in and around the network of ponds scattered throughout the property.
Archery and small game seasons occur in the fall and turkey hunting takes place in the spring. Note that during archery and spring turkey seasons, only persons participating in the hunt are allowed access. Hikers and paddlers should wear brightly colored clothing during seasonal hunts, and avoid the first hour or so of daylight to minimize disturbance to hunters.
- Get directions to Babcock/Webb Wildlife Management Area or Babcock/Webb's Yucca Pens Unit.
- Order the Babcock/Webb Recreation Guide.
- See the regulations summary for hours of operation and vehicle use guidelines.
- Dogs are permitted, but must be kept under physical restraint at all times. Regulations regarding hunting dogs can be found in the Hunting Regulations.
- Restrooms are available at this location.
- A daily-use permit is required to enter this area, unless you have purchased a Wildlife Management Area Permit. To hunt or fish you must also possess the appropriate license and permit.
Babcock/Webb Seasons Summary Dates (range July 2018 through June 2019)
|General Gun||November 3-11|
|Small Game||November 12-25 and November 28-January 13 (Wednesdays, Thursdays, Saturdays and Sundays only)|
|Field Trial Area Quail||January 19-20|
|Raccoon and Opossum||February 1-28|
Yucca Pens Seasons Summary Dates (range July 2018 through June 2019)
|Muzzleloading Gun||October 12-14|
|General Gun||October 27 through November 4|
|Small Game||November 14 through January 13 (Wednesdays, Thursdays, Saturdays and Sundays only) and November 23|
|Raccoon and Opossum||February 1 through March 31|