Babcock/Webb - Planning Your Visit
Babcock/Webb WMA offers something for everyone, in all seasons. Visit in fall or spring to view the tremendous diversity of migratory birds that visit the area. The network of roads through the area means that you can explore in the heat of summer without facing an onslaught of heat and bugs. Winter visitors can comfortably fish in and around the network of ponds scattered throughout the property.
Archery, general gun, and small game seasons occur in the fall. Hikers should wear brightly colored clothing during seasonal hunts and avoid the first hour or so of daylight to minimize disturbance to hunters.
- Get directions to Babcock/Webb Wildlife Management Area or Babcock/Webb's Yucca Pens Unit.
- Order the Babcock/Webb Recreation Guide.
- See the regulations summary for hours of operation and vehicle use guidelines.
- Dogs are permitted, but must be kept under physical restraint at all times. Regulations regarding hunting dogs can be found in the Hunting Regulations.
- Restrooms are available at this location.
- A daily-use permit is required to enter this area, unless you have purchased a Wildlife Management Area Permit. To hunt or fish you must also possess the appropriate license and permit.
Babcock/Webb Seasons Summary Dates (range July 2019 through June 2020)
|General Gun||November 9-17|
|Small Game||November 18- December 1 and December 4 -January 19 (Wednesdays, Thursdays, Saturdays and Sundays only)|
|Field Trial Area Quail||January 25-26|
|Raccoon and Opossum||February 1-29|
Yucca Pens Seasons Summary Dates (range July 2019 through June 2020)
|Muzzleloading Gun||October 18-20|
|General Gun||November 2-10|
|Small Game||November 13 - January 12 (Wednesdays, Thursdays, Saturdays and Sundays only) and November 29|
|Raccoon and Opossum||February 1 through March 31|