T.M. Goodwin - Planning Your Visit
Opportunities for a variety of outdoor recreation on T.M. Goodwin Waterfowl Management Area are available throughout the year, although during hunting days, access to the area is open only to individuals participating in hunts. Waterfowl and snipe hunting occur on select dates in the fall and winter. At Goodwin Lake, anglers may enjoy bank fishing or fishing by boat. Wildlife viewing is good year-round but is especially rewarding in the cooler months when waterfowl and migratory bird populations peak. Summer is the best time to view species such as roseate spoonbill and swallow-tailed kite. During fall raptor migration, peregrine falcon, merlin, kestrel and red-shouldered and red-tailed hawk are all possible sightings.
- Get directions to T.M. Goodwin Waterfowl Management Area.
- For information on recreational use other than hunting and fishing, call the St. Johns River Water Management District at 386-329-4404.
- See the Regulations Summary for hours of operation and vehicle use guidelines. Note that the area is closed to other visitors when hunts are in progress.
- Restrooms are not available at this location.
- Dogs are permitted, but must be kept under physical restraint at all times. Regulations regarding hunting dogs can be found in the Regulations Summary.
- For hours of operation during hunts and vehicle use during both hunting and non-hunting periods, consult the Regulations Summary.
- A daily use permit is not currently required to enter this area. To hunt or fish you must possess the appropriate license and permit. Waterfowl hunters 16 years of age or older must possess a federal duck stamp, available from the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service, at locations where hunting licenses are sold and at most post offices.
Seasons Summary Dates (range July 2019 through June 2020)
|Waterfowl (Wood duck and Teal)||September 21 and 24|
|Waterfowl (Teal)||September 28|
|Waterfowl (Duck, Light Goose & Coot)||November 23, 26 and 30, December 7, 10, 14, 17, 21, 24, 28 and 31, January 4, 7, 11, 14, 18, 21 and 25|
|Waterfowl Youth||November 16, 24, December 8, January 12, February 8|
|Snipe||January 28, February 1, 4, 11 and 15|