T.M. Goodwin - Planning Your Visit
Opportunities for a variety of outdoor recreation on T.M. Goodwin Waterfowl Management Area are available throughout the year, although during hunting days, access to the area is open only to individuals participating in hunts. Waterfowl and snipe hunting occur on select dates in the fall and winter. At Goodwin Lake, anglers may enjoy bank fishing or fishing by boat. Wildlife viewing is good year-round but is especially rewarding in the cooler months when waterfowl and migratory bird populations peak. Summer is the best time to view species such as roseate spoonbill and swallow-tailed kite. During fall raptor migration, peregrine falcon, merlin, kestrel and red-shouldered and red-tailed hawk are all possible sightings.
- Get directions to T.M. Goodwin Waterfowl Management Area.
- For information on recreational use other than hunting and fishing, call the St. Johns River Water Management District at 386-329-4404.
- For hours of operation and vehicle use guidelines, see the regulations summary brochure. Note that the area is closed to other visitors when hunts are in progress.
- Restrooms are not available at this location.
- Dogs are permitted, but must be kept under physical restraint at all times. Regulations regarding hunting dogs can be found in the regulations summary brochure.
- For hours of operation during hunts and vehicle use during both hunting and non-hunting periods, consult the regulations summary brochure.
- A daily use permit is not currently required to enter this area. To hunt or fish you must possess the appropriate license and permit. Waterfowl hunters 16 years of age or older must possess a federal duck stamp, available from the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service, at locations where hunting licenses are sold and at most post offices.
- During scheduled hunt days, all WMA visitors are encouraged to wear a daylight fluorescent orange shirt, vest, jacket and/or hat.
T.M. Goodwin SGA Hunt Calendar
Wood Duck and Teal: Sep 18, 21
Duck, Light Goose and Coot: Nov 20, 23, 27, Dec 11, 14, 18, 21, 28, Jan 4, 8, 11, 15, 18, 22, 25, 29
Youth Hunt: Nov 13, 21, Dec 12, Jan 9, Feb 12
Snipe: Feb 1, 5, 8, 15
Migratory Birds: See migratory bird hunting dates
These season dates are not comprehensive guides to the hunting seasons on these areas and may be subject to change. For additional information about dates, times and regulations please check the regulations summary brochure.