Suwannee - Planning Your Visit
Opportunities for outdoor recreation abound throughout the year, although during hunting days, the area is open only to individuals participating in the hunt. These special hunts for the disabled are held on several days in the fall and spring, in conjunction with the adjacent Holton Creek Wildlife Management Area. Holton Creek WMA is also open for activities such as horseback riding, bicycling and fishing, which are not permitted at Suwannee Ridge. Suwannee Ridge hosts resident populations of protected species such as gopher tortoises and fox squirrels as well a variety of migratory warblers and other seasonal wildlife.
- Get directions to Suwannee Ridge WEA.
- For access points, hours of operation and vehicle use guidelines, see the regulations summary brochure.
- For purposes other than hunting, dogs are prohibited. Regulations regarding hunting dogs can be found in the regulations summary brochure.
- No Daily-Use Permit is required. To hunt you must possess the appropriate licenses and permits.
- Horses are prohibited.
- Restrooms are not available at this location.
- During scheduled hunt days, all visitors are encouraged to wear a daylight fluorescent orange shirt, vest, jacket and/or hat.
Suwannee Ridge Hunting Seasons
General Gun Mobility-Impaired: Oct 15-17, 29-31, Nov 5-7, 19-21
Turkey Mobility-Impaired: Mar 25-27, Apr 15-17
These season dates are not comprehensive guides to the hunting seasons on these areas and may be subject to change. For additional information about dates, times and regulations please check the regulations summary brochure.