Fort White - Planning Your Visit
There is something to see year-round at Fort White WEA. Fall and spring are good times to check the floodplain forest for neotropical migrants. Seasonal ponds attract wood ducks in the winter; summer specialties include Mississippi and swallow-tailed kites. Hiking is most pleasant in the cooler months. Blazing star, goldenrod, milkweed, aster and other fall wildflowers attract a variety of butterflies.
Fort White WEA is open to public access from 1½ hours before sunrise until 1½ hours after sunset. During archery and spring turkey seasons, only persons participating in the hunt are allowed access.
- Get directions to Fort White WEA.
- During archery and spring turkey seasons, only persons participating in the hunt are allowed access. See the Regulations Summary for specific dates, entrances and parking areas, hours of operation and vehicle use guidelines.
- Dogs other than those used during hunts are not permitted. Regulations regarding hunting dogs can be found in the Regulations Summary.
- No daily-use permit is required. To hunt or fish you must possess the appropriate licenses and permits.
- Motorized vehicular access is prohibited except in the designated parking areas.
- Horses are prohibited.
- Restrooms are not available at this location.
Seasons Summary Dates (range July 2019 through June 2020)
|Archery||October 19-23, 26-30 and November 9-13|
|Small Game||November 14 through March 1|
|Spring Turkey - Youth||March 14-15|
|Spring Turkey||March 21-25 and March 28 - April 1|