Fisheating Creek - Planning Your Visit
The fall is the time to hunt for deer and feral hog on Fisheating Creek Wildlife Management Area. The best conditions for hunting deer are when water levels are down in the creek but not so low as to make travel by boat impossible. In the spring, turkey hunts are popular and usually yield excellent results. Paddling is best during high water, which usually occurs in late July, August, and September. High water may also occur following winter cold fronts. Fisheating Creek is an excellent place to view wildlife year-round. Warblers are abundant during spring and fall migrations. In April and May, swallow-tailed kites nest and raise their young all along the creek.
- Get directions to Fisheating Creek WMA.
- Order the Fisheating Creek Recreation Guide.
- Restrooms are available at this location.
- See the Regulations Summary for hours of operation and vehicle and airboat use guidelines.
- Dogs are permitted but must be kept under physical restraint at all times. Regulations regarding hunting dogs can be found in the Regulations Summary.
- No Daily-Use Permit is currently required on Fisheating Creek WMA at the Main Street entrance near Palmdale or the Banana Grove entrance (Fort Center Area) on west side of the WMA. Fees are charged by the concessionaire who is contracted by FWC to run the Palmdale campground and provide other recreational services such as canoe and kayak rentals. Check their fees at Fisheating Creek Outpost before you visit. To hunt or fish you must possess the appropriate license and permit.
Seasons Summary Dates (range July 2019 through June 2020)
|Archery||August 23-25 and August 30 - September 1 (west of U.S. Highway 27 only)|
|Muzzleloading Gun||September 13-15 and 20-22 (west of U.S. Highway 27 only)|
|General Gun||October 4-6 and 18-20 (west of U.S. Highway 27 only)|
|Wild Hog - Still||November 23-24 (west of U.S. Highway 27 only)|
|Small Game||December 7 - February 16 (west of U.S. Highway 27 only)|
|Spring Turkey - Youth||February 29 - March 1 (west of U.S. Highway 27 only)|
|Spring Turkey||March 7-10, 13-16, 20-23, 27-30 and April 3-6 (west of U.S. Highway 27 only)|
|Special-Opportunity Spring Turkey||March 7-13 and 21-27 (Legal shooting hours are 1/2 hour before sunrise until 1 p.m.) (east of U.S. Highway 27 only)|