Fisheating Creek - Planning Your Visit
The fall is the time to hunt for deer and feral hog on Fisheating Creek Wildlife Management Area. The best conditions for hunting deer are when water levels are down in the creek but not so low as to make travel by boat impossible. In the spring, turkey hunts are popular and usually yield excellent results. Paddling is best during high water, which usually occurs in late July, August, and September. High water may also occur following winter cold fronts. Fisheating Creek is an excellent place to view wildlife year-round. Warblers are abundant during spring and fall migrations. In April and May, swallow-tailed kites nest and raise their young all along the creek.
- Get directions to:
- Find entrances to Fisheating Creek WMA.
- Download or order the Fisheating Creek Recreation Guide.
- Restrooms are available at this location.
- For hours of operation and vehicle and airboat use guidelines, see the regulations summary brochure.
- Dogs are permitted but must be kept under physical restraint at all times. Regulations regarding hunting dogs can be found in the regulations summary brochure.
- No Daily-Use Permit is currently required on Fisheating Creek WMA at the Main Street entrance near Palmdale or the Banana Grove entrance (Fort Center Area) on east side of the WMA.
- Fees are charged by the concessionaire who is contracted by FWC to run the Palmdale campground and provide other recreational services such as canoe and kayak rentals. Check their fees at Fisheating Creek Outpost before you visit.
- To hunt or fish you must possess the appropriate license and permit.
- During scheduled hunt days, all WMA visitors are encouraged to wear a daylight fluorescent orange shirt, vest, jacket and/or hat.
Fisheating Creek Hunting Seasons
Archery: Aug 20-22, 27-29 (west of U.S. Highway 27 only)
Muzzleloading Gun: Sep 10-12, 17-19 (west of U.S. Highway 27 only)
General Gun: Oct 1-3, 15-17 (west of U.S. Highway 27 only)
Wild Hog-Still: Nov 20-21 (west of U.S. Highway 27 only)
Small Game: Dec 4 – Feb 20 (west of U.S. Highway 27 only)
Turkey: Mar 5-8, 11-14, 18-21, 25-28, Apr 1-4 (west of U.S. Highway 27 only)
Turkey Youth: Feb 26-27 (west of U.S. Highway 27 only)
Special Opportunity Turkey: Mar 5-11, 19-25 (in the Special-opportunity Spring Turkey Area only)
Migratory Bird: See migratory bird hunting dates
These season dates are not comprehensive guides to the hunting seasons on these areas and may be subject to change. For additional information about dates, times and regulations please check the regulations summary brochure.