Escribano Point - Planning Your Visit
Escribano Point is open year-round. However, except for a improved public road that leads to the two campgrounds in the Grassy Point area, access is limited and few of the unimproved roads run through the WMA. In most cases, because of vehicular access restrictions imposed by Eglin Air Force Base, visitors can drive only part of the way and then must walk the rest. Paddling and wildlife viewing are most pleasant in the fall, winter and spring.
- Get directions to Escribano Point Wildlife Management Area.
- A permit from Eglin AFB is required to access Department of Defense Lands. The permit costs $10.00 and can be purchased at: Natural Resources Branch, 107 Hwy 85 North, Niceville, FL 32578; (850) 882-4164.
- To hunt or fish you must possess the appropriate license and permit.
- For hours of operation and vehicle use guidelines, see the regulations summary brochure.
- Dogs are permitted, but must be kept under physical restraint at all times. Regulations regarding hunting dogs can be found in the regulations summary brochure.
- Restrooms are available for campers in the campgrounds; otherwise, there are no restroom facilities.