Escribano Point - Planning Your Visit
Escribano Point is open year-round. However, except for a improved public road that leads to the two campgrounds in the Grassy Point area, access is limited and few of the unimproved roads run through the WMA. In most cases, because of vehicular access restrictions imposed by Eglin Air Force Base, visitors can drive only part of the way and then must walk the rest. Paddling and wildlife viewing are most pleasant in the fall, winter and spring.
- Get directions to Escribano Point Wildlife Management Area.
- A permit from Eglin AFB is required to access Department of Defense Lands. The permit costs $10.00 and can be purchased at: Natural Resources Branch, 107 Hwy 85 North, Niceville, FL 32578; (850) 882-4164.
- To hunt or fish you must possess the appropriate license and permit.
- For hours of operation and vehicle use guidelines, see the regulations summary brochure.
- Dogs are permitted, but must be kept under physical restraint at all times. Regulations regarding hunting dogs can be found in the regulations summary brochure.
- Restrooms are available for campers in the campgrounds; otherwise, there are no restroom facilities.
- During scheduled hunt days, all WMA visitors are encouraged to wear a daylight fluorescent orange shirt, vest, jacket and/or hat.
Escribano Point Hunting Seasons
Archery: Oct 23 – Nov 7
Small Game: Nov 13 – Mar 6
General Gun: Nov 25-28, Jan 22-30, Feb 4-7
Muzzleloading Gun: Dec 4-6
Archery/Muzzleloading Gun: Feb 12-14
Turkey: Mar 19-21, Apr 1-3, 8-10, 22-24
Migratory Bird: See migratory bird hunting season
These season dates are not comprehensive guides to the hunting seasons on these areas and may be subject to change. For additional information about dates, times and regulations please check the regulations summary brochure.