Escribano Point - Planning Your Visit
Escribano Point is open year-round, but except for a paved public road that leads to the two campgrounds in the Grassy Point area, access is limited and few of the unimproved roads run through the WMA. In most cases, because of vehicular access restrictions imposed by Eglin AFB, visitors can drive only part of the way and then must walk the rest. Paddling and wildlife viewing are most pleasant in the fall, winter and spring.
- Get directions to Escribano Point Wildlife Management Area
- A permit from Eglin AFB is required to access Department of Defense Lands. The permit costs $10.00 and can be purchased at: Natural Resources Branch, 107 Hwy 85 North, Niceville, FL 32578; (850) 882-4164.
- To hunt or fish you must possess the appropriate license and permit.
- See the regulations summary for hours of operation and vehicle use guidelines.
- Dogs are permitted, but must be kept under physical restraint at all times. Regulations regarding hunting dogs can be found in the regulations summary.
- Restrooms are available for campers in the campgrounds; otherwise, there are no restroom facilities.
Seasons Summary Dates (range July 2018 through June 2019)
|Archery||October 20-26 and October 27 through November 4|
|Small Game||November 10 through March 3|
|General Gun||November 22-25, January 19-22, 23-27, and February 1-4|
|Muzzleloading Gun||December 1-3|
|Archery / Muzzleloading Gun||February 9-11|
|Spring Turkey||March 16-18, 29-31, and April 5-7 and 19-21 (Legal shooting hours are 1/2 hour before sunrise until 1 p.m.)|
Calendar does not reflect migratory game bird hunting seasons; please check the regulations summary for specifics.