Apalachicola River - Planning Your Visit
Opportunities for outdoor recreation are available year-round. Fishing can be excellent throughout the year. Paddling is good year-round but the best times are fall and spring when temperatures are pleasant and there are fewer bugs. Birding opportunities are also at their peak during the fall and spring. Hunting opportunities vary, with archery season beginning in October through spring turkey season ending in April.
Get directions by selecting an entrance icon on the entrance finder map.
- Download the Ready, Set, Go! Guide or the Pines to Palm Trail Map.
- See the regulations summary brochure for hours of operation and vehicle use guidelines.
- Dogs are permitted (except during spring turkey season), but must be kept under physical restraint at all times. Regulations regarding hunting dogs can be found in the regulations summary brochure.
- Restrooms are not available at this location.
- No daily-use or wildlife management area permits are currently required. To hunt or fish you must possess the appropriate license and permit.
- During scheduled hunt days, all visitors are encouraged to wear a daylight fluorescent orange shirt, vest, jacket and/or hat.
Apalachicola River Hunt Calendar
View hunting seasons and dates and download a 'Year-at-a-Glance' calendar of hunt days on the area.