Skip to main content

Consultants who are not Authorized Gopher Tortoise Agents may be hired to execute on-site relocation of tortoises authorized under a 10 or Fewer Burrows permit.  However, relocation's may only be completed utilizing bucket trapping, hand shovel excavation, and live trapping. The consultant must register as a Registered Agent within the online permitting system and complete the e-Learning curriculum.  A Registered Agent is an easy online process that automatically issues credentials that allows you to apply for permits on behalf of land owners.  Once you have received your Registered Agent status and completed e-Learning you will be able to submit an online application.

Registered Agent Instructions

  • If you have not previously registered in the online permitting system create your user profile.  Please record your user ID and password for future use.
  • To become a Registered Agent, log in to the online permitting system.  From the landing page, select "Apply for a New Permit". Then from the drop down menu, select "Registered Agent".  The Registered Agent status is automatic once you submit the form.
  • You are now ready to start the application process for a 10 or Fewer Burrows permit.  From the landing page, select "Apply for a New Permit".  Now from the drop down menu, select "Gopher Tortoise 10 or Fewer Burrows".  Under "Filer Type" located at the top of the application select "Agent or Consultant".  You will now see a message directing you to a link to complete the e-Learning curriculum.  Click on the link and register for the course.
  • After reviewing the course material and successfully completing the online quiz, please click on the link provided to continue the application process.  Please note that you may need to re-enter the username and password that you set up for the FWC online permitting system.
  • You should now be able to complete the application process.

Please refer to Frequently Asked Questions for Registered Agents for additional information.

Should you need additional assistance, please contact your FWC regional conservation biologist.