Boating Grants Programs
Grant programs to enhance boating access and other boating-related activities from the Florida Boating Improvement Program (FBIP), funding for transient tie-up facilities for boats 26' or longer from the Boating Infrastructure Grant Program (BigP), assistance for removal of derelict vessels from the Derelict Vessels Removal Grant Program and other boating-related grant programs.
Grant program to enhance boating access and other boating-related activities
Closed. The next application period will open in February 2020.
Federal grants program to develop, renovate, and maintain public boating facilities that target recreational transient boats 26 feet long and larger
Pre-application (optional): April 1 – June 1
Final Applications: July 1
Grant program to local governments for the removal of derelict vessels from Florida waters
Fourth Round Period Opening. Applications for the Bulk Derelict Vessel Removal Grant Program are being accepted from July 1, 2019 through August 14, 2019. Application for the Rapid Removal Grant Program must be submitted through but no later than November 1, 2019. Go to: MyFWC.com/DVgrant or call (850) 617-9540
Other Grant Programs
Grant programs to fund boater education and safety, aids to navigation, and other projects to enhance recreational boating in Florida may be established as funding is received. Consult this site for any future additions.
Related Grants Programs
- Boating Safety Grants - BoatUS Foundation
- Clean Marina Program - DEP
- Coastal Partnership Initiative
- Florida Communities Trust - DEP
- Florida Inland Navigation District
- Florida Recreation Development Assistance Program - DEP
- Greenways and Trails - DEP
- Stan Mayfield Working Waterfronts Program
- Waterfronts Florida Program - DEO
- Clean Vessel Act Grants - DEP