Boating Grants Programs
Grant programs to enhance boating access and other boating-related activities from the Florida Boating Improvement Program (FBIP), funding for transient tie-up facilities for boats 26' or longer from the Boating Infrastructure Grant Program (BIGP), assistance for removal of derelict vessels from the Derelict Vessels Removal Grant Program and other boating-related grant programs.
Technical Assistance for Applicants
The Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission will host four online technical assistance sessions for potential applicants interested in the Florida Boating Improvement Program and the Boating Infrastructure Grant Program at the dates and times listed below. Click the link on the date and time to join the session. All times shown are Eastern Standard Time.
- January 17, 2023 10:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m.
- January 19, 2023 10:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m.
- January 23, 2023 10:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m.
- January 25, 2023 10:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m.
The FBIP is a state financial assistance program that provides funding through competitive grants for boating access projects and boating-related activities on coastal and inland waters within the State.
February 1, 2023 - April 4, 2023
Federal grants program to develop, renovate, and maintain public boating facilities that target recreational transient boats 26 feet long and larger
April 15, 2023 – July 1, 2023
Grant program to local governments for the removal of derelict vessels from Florida waters
FWC has changed its Derelict Vessel Removal Grant funding guidelines to include new application submission requirements. Applications will now be accepted on a continuous basis with no deadlines. Funding will be awarded on a fist come first served basis as long as funding is available. Also, there is no longer a requirement to provide a 25% match for these grants. FWC will pay 100% of the removal costs for all eligible derelict vessels awarded removal funding. Go to: MyFWC.com/DVgrant or call (850) 617-9540
Other Grant Programs
Grant programs to fund boater education and safety, aids to navigation, and other projects to enhance recreational boating in Florida may be established as funding is received. Consult this site for any future additions.
Related Grants Programs
- Boating Safety Grants - BoatUS Foundation
- Clean Marina Program - DEP
- Coastal Partnership Initiative
- Florida Communities Trust - DEP
- Florida Inland Navigation District
- Florida Recreation Development Assistance Program - DEP
- Recreational Trails Program - DEP
- Stan Mayfield Working Waterfronts Program
- Waterfronts Florida Program - DEO
- Clean Vessel Act Grants - DEP