Florida Boating Improvement Program (FBIP)
The Florida Boating Improvement Program provides funding through competitive grants for boating access projects and other boating-related activities benefitting motorized vessels in Florida. Eligible program participants include county governments, municipalities and other governmental entities of the state of Florida.
Eligible uses of program funds include:
- Boat ramps; lifts and hoists; marine railways; and other public launching facilities
- Piers, docks and other mooring facilities
- Recreational channel marking and other uniform waterway markers
- Derelict vessel removal
- Boating education
- Economic development initiatives that promote boating
- Other local boating-related activities that enhance boating access for recreational boaters
February 1, 2023 - April 4, 2023
The Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission will host four online technical assistance sessions for potential applicants interested in the Florida Boating Improvement Program and the Boating Infrastructure Grant Program at the dates and times listed below. Click the link on the date and time to join the session. All times shown are Eastern Standard Time.
- January 17, 2023 10:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m.
- January 19, 2023 10:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m.
- January 23, 2023 10:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m.
- January 25, 2023 10:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m.
Applicants must deliver one physical application with attachments, and one electronic application with attachments on or before the last day of the announced submission period, no later than the close of business to the following address:
Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission
Boating and Waterways Section, Room #235
Attn: FBIP Administrator
620 South Meridian Street
Tallahassee, Florida 32399-1600
For more information, email FBIP@MyFWC.com or call (850) 488-5600.