Florida Boating Improvement Program (FBIP)
The Florida Boating Improvement Program provides funding through competitive grants for boating access projects and other boating-related activities on coastal and/or inland waters of Florida. Eligible program participants include county governments, municipalities and other governmental entities of the state of Florida
Eligible uses of program funds include:
- Boat ramps; lifts and hoists; marine railways; and other public launching facilities
- Piers, docks and other mooring facilities
- Recreational channel marking and other uniform waterway markers
- Derelict vessel removal
- Boating education
- Economic development initiatives that promote boating
- Other local boating-related activities that enhance boating access for recreational boaters
Applications for grant funding for fiscal year 2019-20 will be accepted beginning February 1, 2019. Applications must be received by FWC before close of business on April 2, 2019.
Applications received after the deadline will be ineligible for consideration. Program guidelines and application forms may be downloaded from the links below.
For more information, email FBIP@MyFWC.com or call (850) 488-5600.