Boating Infrastructure Grant Program (BIG)
The Boating Infrastructure Grant Program (BIG) provides funding through competitive and non-competitive grants for tie-up facilities for transient recreational boats 26 feet or longer (non-trailerable).
This program is funded from the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service and is expressly used for projects such as:
- Slips expressly designed for these recreational boats
- Mooring buoys, day-docks, floating docks, floating breakwaters, safe harbors
- Fixed piers, fixed breakwaters, retaining walls, bulkheads
- Channel markers, buoys, directional information
- Support facilities designated for transient recreational boats such as:
- Pump-out stations
- Dockside utilities, water supplies, recycling and trash receptacles
- Initial, one-time only dredging, only to provide transient vessels with safe channel depths to the transient facility.
|Grantee||Project Description||Grant Amount|
|City of Bradenton||Twin Dolphin Marina - Transient Docks||$910,183|
|City of Fort Pierce||Fort Pierce City Marina - Dinghy Dock||$190,688|
|City of Key West||Garrison Bight Marina - Transient Docks||$500,000|
|Marathon Marina||Marathon Marina - Transient Docks||$1,500,000|