Boating Infrastructure Grant Program (BIG)
The Boating Infrastructure Grant Program (BIG) provides funding through competitive and non-competitive grants for tie-up facilities for transient recreational boats 26 feet or longer (non-trailerable).
This program is funded from the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service and is expressly used for projects such as:
- Slips expressly designed for these recreational boats
- Mooring buoys, day-docks, floating docks, floating breakwaters, safe harbors
- Fixed piers, fixed breakwaters, retaining walls, bulkheads
- Channel markers, buoys, directional information
- Support facilities designated for transient recreational boats such as:
- Pump-out stations
- Dockside utilities, water supplies, recycling and trash receptacles
- Initial, one-time only dredging, only to provide transient vessels with safe channel depths to the transient facility.
NOTE: Applications MUST be submitted to FWC and not to Grants.gov. Applications must be submitted as instructed in the following:
The Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission, Division of Law Enforcement, Boating and Waterways announces a public meeting to which all persons are invited.
DATE AND TIME: August 15, 2018, 1:00 p. m.
PLACE: Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission, Farris Bryant Building, 620 South Meridian Street, Tallahassee, FL 32399
GENERAL SUBJECT MATTER TO BE CONSIDERED: The Evaluation Committee for the Boating Infrastructure Grants Program will meet to score applications for fiscal year 2018-2019 funding.
Pursuant to the provisions of the Americans with Disabilities Act, any person requiring special accommodations to participate in the meeting is asked to advise the FWC at least five calendar days before the meeting by contacting: ADA Coordinator, (850) 488-6411. If you are hearing or speech impaired, please contact the FWC by calling (850) 488-9542.
|Grantee||Project Description||Grant Amount|
|City of Bradenton||Twin Dolphin Marina - Transient Docks||$910,183|
|City of Fort Pierce||Fort Pierce City Marina - Dinghy Dock||$190,688|
|City of Key West||Garrison Bight Marina - Transient Docks||$500,000|
|Marathon Marina||Marathon Marina - Transient Docks||$1,500,000|