Triple N Ranch - Planning Your Visit
Visits are most pleasant in the fall and winter when there are fewer insects and cooler temperatures. The flatwoods and prairies are home to a wide variety of wildflowers. Blooms peak in the fall and butterflies are plentiful.
Hunting occurs on limited days in the fall, winter and spring. Hikers and bicyclists should wear brightly colored clothing during these seasonal hunts.
The main entrance for Triple N Ranch is on US 192. The camping area, restroom, check station and entrance kiosk are located along a shell-capped road (Road 1) approximately one-quarter mile from US 192. A walk-in entrance on the east side of the WMA is located on Jellison Road, adjacent to Herky Huffman/Bull Creek WMA at the end of Crabgrass Road.
- Get directions to Triple N Ranch WMA
- The area is closed to other uses during special opportunity hunts and is closed to vehicle access on non-hunting or scouting days. See the regulations summary for access information, hours of operation and vehicle use guidelines.
- Dogs are permitted but must be kept under physical restraint at all times. Regulations regarding hunting dogs can be found in the regulations summary.
- No daily-use permit is required. To hunt or fish you must possess the appropriate license and permit.
- A restroom is available at the main entrance.
Seasons Summary Dates (range July 2018 through June 2019)
|Small Game||November 24 through January 20|
|Special-Opportunity General Gun||October 13-19 and October 27 through November 2|
|Special-Opportunity Muzzleloading Gun||November 15-18|
|Special-Opportunity Spring Turkey||March 16-22; March 30 through April 5 and April 13-19 (Legal shooting hours are ½ hour before sunrise until sunset.)|
|Wild Hog-Still||January 25-27, February 1-3, 8-10 and 15-17|
Calendar does not reflect migratory game bird hunting seasons; please check the regulations summary for specifics.