Spirit-of-the-Wild - Planning Your Visit
Spirit-of-the-Wild WMA offers year-round opportunities for outdoor recreation. Small, high-quality hunts are held on several weekends in late summer and fall. Spring turkey hunts include a youth hunt. In the fall, winter and spring, temperatures are usually pleasant. These are the best times to hike, bicycle and horseback ride and to see a variety of migratory birds. Butterfly and plant enthusiasts will appreciate fall blooming wildflowers and the many species of butterflies that they attract.
- Get directions to Spirit-of-the-Wild WMA.
- See the Regulations Summary for hours of operation and vehicle use guidelines.
- Dogs are permitted, but must be kept under physical restraint at all times. Regulations regarding hunting dogs can be found in the Regulations Summary.
- Horses are not allowed during periods open to hunting
- Restrooms are not available at this location.
- No daily-use or wildlife management area permits are currently required. To hunt or fish you must possess the appropriate license and permit.
Seasons Summary Dates (range July 2019 through June 2020)
|Archery||August 9-12, 16-19, 23-26 and August 30 - September 2|
|General Gun||September 21-23, 27-29 and October 4-6|
|Muzzleloading Gun||September 13-15|
|Small Game||October 12 - February 23|
|Spring Turkey||March 7-9, 14-16 and April 4-6|
|Spring Turkey - Youth||February 29 - March 1|