Spirit-of-the-Wild - Planning Your Visit
Spirit-of-the-Wild WMA offers year-round opportunities for outdoor recreation. Small, high-quality hunts are held on several weekends in late summer and fall. Spring turkey hunts include a youth hunt. In the fall, winter and spring, temperatures are usually pleasant. These are the best times to hike, bicycle and horseback ride and to see a variety of migratory birds. Butterfly and plant enthusiasts will appreciate fall blooming wildflowers and the many species of butterflies that they attract.
Get directions by selecting an entrance icon on the entrance finder map.
- For hours of operation and vehicle use guidelines, see the regulations summary brochure.
- Download the Spirit-of-the-Wild WMA Trail Guide.
- Dogs are permitted, but must be kept under physical restraint at all times. Regulations regarding hunting dogs can be found in the regulations summary brochure.
- Horses are not allowed during periods open to hunting
- Restrooms are not available at this location.
- No daily-use or wildlife management area permits are currently required. To hunt or fish you must possess the appropriate license and permit.
- During scheduled hunt days, all WMA visitors are encouraged to wear a daylight fluorescent orange shirt, vest, jacket and/or hat.
Spirit-of-the-Wild Hunt Calendar
View hunting seasons and dates and download a 'Year-at-a-Glance' calendar of hunt days on the area.