Spirit-of-the-Wild - Planning Your Visit
Spirit-of-the-Wild WMA offers year-round opportunities for outdoor recreation. Small, high-quality hunts are held on several weekends in late summer and fall. Spring turkey hunts include a youth hunt. In the fall, winter and spring, temperatures are usually pleasant. These are the best times to hike, bicycle and horseback ride and to see a variety of migratory birds. Butterfly and plant enthusiasts will appreciate fall blooming wildflowers and the many species of butterflies that they attract.
- Get directions to Spirit-of-the-Wild WMA.
- For hours of operation and vehicle use guidelines, see the regulations summary brochure.
- Dogs are permitted, but must be kept under physical restraint at all times. Regulations regarding hunting dogs can be found in the regulations summary brochure.
- Horses are not allowed during periods open to hunting
- Restrooms are not available at this location.
- No daily-use or wildlife management area permits are currently required. To hunt or fish you must possess the appropriate license and permit.