Spirit-of-the-Wild - Planning Your Visit
Spirit-of-the-Wild WMA offers year-round opportunities for outdoor recreation. Small, high-quality hunts are held on several weekends in late summer and fall. Spring turkey hunts include a youth hunt. In the fall, winter and spring, temperatures are usually pleasant. These are the best times to hike, bicycle and horseback ride and to see a variety of migratory birds. Butterfly and plant enthusiasts will appreciate fall blooming wildflowers and the many species of butterflies that they attract.
- Get directions to Spirit-of-the-Wild WMA.
- See the regulations summary for hours of operation and vehicle use guidelines.
- Dogs are permitted, but must be kept under physical restraint at all times. Regulations regarding hunting dogs can be found in the hunting regulations.
- Horses are not allowed during periods open to hunting
- Restrooms are not available at this location.
- No daily-use or wildlife management area permits are currently required. To hunt or fish you must possess the appropriate license and permit.
Seasons Summary Dates (range July 2018 through June 2019)
|Archery||August 3-6, 10-13, 17-20 and 24-27|
|General Gun||September 15-17, 21-23 and 28-30|
|Muzzleloading Gun||September 7-9|
|Small Game||October 13 through February 17|
|Spring Turkey||March 2-4, 9-11 and March 30 through April 1 (Legal shooting hours are 1/2 hour before sunrise until 1 p.m.)|
|Spring Turkey - Youth||February 23-24 (Legal shooting hours are 1/2 hour before sunrise until 1 p.m.)|
Calendar does not reflect migratory game bird hunting seasons; please check the regulations summary for specifics.