Salt Lake - Planning Your Visit
Note that vehicles are permitted on the area during hunting seasons only and horses are not permitted during all periods open to hunting, except for small game season. Best times to visit are during the milder, temperate months of the year when flooding is minimal. Spring offers good opportunities to observe wading birds and wildflowers. Hunts occur on select days from September to March.
- Get directions to Salt Lake WMA.
- See the regulations summary and map for access points, hours of operation and vehicle use guidelines, including rules regarding use of horses and bicycles.
- Dogs are permitted but must be kept under physical restraint at all times. Regulations regarding hunting dogs can be found in the regulations summary.
- No daily-use permit is required. To hunt or fish you must possess the appropriate licenses and permits.
- A restroom is available at this location.
Seasons Summary Dates (range July 2018 through June 2019)
|Archery||September 22-30 and October 1-7|
|General Gun||November 10-13 and 14-18|
|Muzzleloading Gun||October 26-28|
|Small Game||December 7-9, 14-16, January 4-6, 11-13, 25-27; February 1-3, 8-10, 15-17, 22-24|
|Spring Turkey||March 16-19 and 20-24 (Legal shooting hours are ½ hour before sunrise until sunset.)|
|Wild Hog-Dog||January 17-20|
Calendar does not reflect migratory game bird hunting seasons; please check the regulations summary for specifics.