Salt Lake - Planning Your Visit
The best times to visit Salt Lake Wildlife Management Area are during the milder, temperate months of the year when flooding is minimal. Spring offers good opportunities to observe wading birds and wildflowers. Hunts occur on select days from September to March. Note that vehicles are permitted on the area during hunting seasons only and horses are not permitted during all periods open to hunting, except for small game season.
- Get directions to Salt Lake WMA.
- See the regulations summary brochure for access points, hours of operation and vehicle use guidelines, including rules regarding use of horses and bicycles.
- Dogs are permitted but must be kept under physical restraint at all times. Regulations regarding hunting dogs can be found in the regulations summary brochure.
- No Daily-Use Permit is required. To hunt or fish you must possess the appropriate licenses and permits.
- A restroom is available at this location.
- During scheduled hunt days, all WMA visitors are encouraged to wear a daylight fluorescent orange shirt, vest, jacket and/or hat.
Salt Lake WMA Hunting Seasons
Archery: Sep 25 – Oct 10
Muzzleloading Gun: Oct 29-31
General Gun: Nov 13-21
Small Game: Dec 10-12, 17-19, Jan 7-9, 14-16, 28-30, Feb 4-6, 11-13, 18-20, 25-27
Wild Hog-Dog: Jan 20-23
Turkey: Mar 19-27
Migratory Birds: See migratory bird hunting dates
These season dates are not comprehensive guides to the hunting seasons on these areas and may be subject to change. For additional information about dates, times and regulations please check the regulations summary brochure.