Perry Oldenburg - Planning Your Visit
Hikes are most pleasant in the cooler, winter season or early in the day in warmer months. Wildlife viewing opportunities are highest along the powerline right-of-way and trails, where white-tailed deer, turkey, southeastern kestrel and gopher tortoise are often seen. Check the oak hammock during the spring and fall for migratory warblers. Watch for the bloom of fall wildflowers and the butterflies they attract.
- Get directions to Perry Oldenburg Wildlife and Environmental Area.
- Public access is prohibited from one-half hour after sunset to one-half hour before sunrise.
- There is no hunting on this WEA.
- Pets are not permitted.
- Restrooms are not available.
- Vehicles and bicycles are not permitted on trails.
- No daily-use permit is required.