Perry Oldenburg - Planning Your Visit
Hiking in the WEA is best in the cooler, winter season or early in the day in warmer months. Wildlife viewing opportunities increase along the power line right-of-way and trails, where white-tailed deer, turkey, southeastern kestrel and gopher tortoise are often seen. Check the oak hammock during the spring and fall for migratory warblers. The bloom of fall wildflowers attracts various butterflies.
Get directions by selecting an entrance icon on the entrance finder map.
- Public access is prohibited from one-half hour after sunset to one-half hour before sunrise.
- There is no hunting permitted on this WEA.
- Download the Perry Oldenburg WEA Trail Guide.
- Dogs other than service dogs are prohibited.
- Restrooms are not available.
- Vehicles and bicycles are not permitted on trails.
- No Daily-Use Permit is required.