Perry Oldenburg - Planning Your Visit
Hiking in the WEA is best in the cooler, winter season or early in the day in warmer months. Wildlife viewing opportunities increase along the power line right-of-way and trails, where white-tailed deer, turkey, southeastern kestrel and gopher tortoise are often seen. Check the oak hammock during the spring and fall for migratory warblers. The bloom of fall wildflowers attracts various butterflies.
- Get directions to Perry Oldenburg Wildlife and Environmental Area.
- Public access is prohibited from one-half hour after sunset to one-half hour before sunrise.
- There is no hunting permitted on this WEA.
- Pets are not permitted.
- Restrooms are not available.
- Vehicles and bicycles are not permitted on trails.
- No Daily-Use Permit is required.