Hilochee - Planning Your Visit
Hilochee is open to public recreational use year-round. During non-hunting periods, public access other than on foot, bicycle or horse is prohibited. Hiking, biking and horseback riding are best on non-hunting days in the fall through the spring. Hilochee has good habitat for butterflies, whose numbers peak in the fall. Three turkey hunts, including one youth turkey hunt, are held in the spring. On the main unit, fishing is by permit only and is restricted to daylight hours on Saturdays and Sundays. Fishing permits are free and may be obtained by calling the Southwest Regional Office at (863) 648-3200. No permits are required for the Osprey Unit; fishing is allowed year-round.
Get directions by selecting an entrance icon on the entrance finder map.
- For access, hours of operation and vehicle use guidelines, see the Hilochee Main Unit or Osprey Unit regulations summary brochures.
- Dogs are permitted, but must be kept under physical restraint at all times. Regulations regarding hunting dogs can be found in the Hilochee Main Unit or Osprey Unit regulations summary brochures.
- Restrooms are not available at this location.
- A Daily-Use Permit is required to enter the Hilochee main unit, unless you have purchased a Wildlife Management Area Permit. The Osprey Unit has no daily-use fee. To hunt or fish you must also possess the appropriate license and permit.
- During scheduled hunt days, all WMA visitors are encouraged to war a daylight fluorescent orange shirt, vest, jacket and/or hat.
Hilochee - Main Unit Hunt Calendar
Hilochee - Osprey Unit Hunt Calendar
View hunting seasons and dates and download a 'Year-at-a-Glance' calendar of hunt days on the area.