Hickey Creek - Planning Your Visit
This site has open, scrubby flatwoods, hiking trails and lush hardwoods along the creek. Managed in cooperation with Lee County Department of Parks and Recreation; hourly or daily parking fees apply. Public access is limited to hours of 7 a.m. until 6 p.m. daily.
Oaks, palms and ferns line the narrow Hickey Creek, where amenities include a canoe/kayak landing, fishing deck, two picnic areas, two marsh boardwalks and five miles of hiking trails. There is an ADA accessible trail to Hickey's Creek and to the amphitheater.
- Get directions to Hickey Creek Wildlife and Environmental Area
- Pets are not permitted.
- Restrooms are available.
- Vehicles and bicycles are not permitted on trails.
- No daily-use permit required. County parking fees apply.
- Hunting is not allowed.
- To fish you must possess the appropriate license and permit.
- During scheduled hunt days, all visitors are encouraged to wear a daylight fluorescent orange shirt, vest, jacket and/or hat.