Herky Huffman/Bull Creek - Planning Your Visit
Birders are drawn to Herky Huffman/Bull Creek Wildlife Management Area when the fall migration of warblers begins. Hiking, biking and horseback riding are likely to be most pleasant in the fall through the spring. In the spring, lilies, orchids, blue flag iris, St. Johns wort and pitcher plants bloom in wet areas. There are many opportunities from early fall through late spring for hunting on the WMA.
- Get the directions to Herky Huffman/Bull Creek WMA.
- Dogs are permitted, but must be kept under physical restraint at all times. Regulations regarding hunting dogs can be found in the regulations summary brochure.
- For hours of operation and vehicle use guidelines, see the regulations summary brochure.
- No Daily-Use Permit currently required. To hunt or fish you must possess the appropriate license and permit.
- The Florida National Scenic Trail traverses the area and is open to hikers throughout the year. Except for through-hikers on the trail, all visitors to the area should enter and exit at a designated entrance and register at the check station.
- Horses may be used only on named or numbered roads or named or numbered trails. See the regulations summary brochure for details.
- During scheduled hunt days, all WMA visitors are encouraged to wear a daylight fluorescent orange shirt, vest, jacket and/or hat.