Herky Huffman/Bull Creek - Planning Your Visit
Birders are drawn to Herky Huffman/Bull Creek Wildlife Management Area when the fall migration of warblers begins. Hiking, biking and horseback riding are likely to be most pleasant in the fall through the spring. In the spring, lilies, orchids, blue flag iris, St. Johns wort and pitcher plants bloom in wet areas. There are many opportunities from early fall through late spring for hunting on the WMA.
- Get the directions to Herky Huffman/Bull Creek WMA.
- Dogs are permitted, but must be kept under physical restraint at all times. Regulations regarding hunting dogs can be found in the Regulations Summary.
- See the Regulations Summary for hours of operation and vehicle use guidelines.
- No Daily-Use Permit currently required. To hunt or fish you must possess the appropriate license and permit.
- The Florida National Scenic Trail traverses the area and is open to hikers throughout the year. Except for through-hikers on the trail, all visitors to the area should enter and exit at a designated entrance and register at the check station.
- Horses may be used only on named or numbered roads or named or numbered trails. See the Regulations Summary for details.
Seasons Summary Dates (range July 2019 through June 2020)
|Archery||September 14 - October 13|
|Muzzleloading Gun||October 19-21|
|General Gun||November 2 - December 29|
|Small Game||December 30 - March 1|
|Spring Turkey - Youth||March 14-15|
|Spring Turkey||March 21 - April 26|