Half Moon - Planning Your Visit
Half Moon’s diverse habitats offer a variety of recreational activities including wildlife viewing, hunting and fishing. Hiking, biking and horseback riding are most pleasant on non-hunting days in the fall through the spring when temperatures are cooler.
Hunts for deer, feral hogs and turkey occur fall through spring. Birds are abundant on Half Moon and include a variety of resident and migratory species as well as a small population of threatened Florida scrub-jays.
- Get directions to Half Moon Wildlife Management Area
- See the regulations summary for hours of operation and vehicle use guidelines.
- During non-hunting periods, access is limited to foot, bicycle or horse (no vehicle access).
- Dogs are permitted, but must be kept under physical restraint at all times. Regulations regarding hunting dogs can be found in the regulations summary.
- Horses are prohibited during some established hunting seasons; check the regulations summary for details.
- A restroom is available at this location.
- No daily-use permit currently required. To hunt or fish you must possess the appropriate license and permit.
Seasons Summary Dates (range July 2019 through June 2020)
|Archery||October 4-6 and 11-13|
|Muzzleloading Gun||October 25-27|
|General Gun||November 9-11 and 15-17|
|Small Game||November 29 - December 15|
|Wild Hog-Still||January 10-12, 17-19 and 24-26|
|Spring Turkey - Youth||March 14-15|
|Spring Turkey||March 21-23, 27-29 and April 3-5|