Caravelle - Planning Your Visit
Recreational opportunities are available on Caravelle Ranch Wildlife Management Area year-round. In October, there is a supervised youth small game hunt. Paddling on the Ocklawaha River is especially pleasant in the fall when temperatures are lower and scarlet hibiscus are blooming along the banks. Horseback riding, hiking and bicycling are best in the fall and spring on nonhunting days. The Florida National Scenic Trail traverses the area and is open to hikers throughout the year. Spring is an excellent time for birders who may see as many as 15 swallow-tailed kites circling the sky. Fishing on the Ocklawaha is generally best in May and June.
- Get directions to Caravelle Ranch Wildlife Management Area.
- Download the Caravelle Ranch Recreation Guide.
- Download the Caravelle Ranch trail map.
- For hours of operation and vehicle use guidelines, see the regulations summary brochure.
- Dogs are permitted, but must be kept under physical restraint at all times. Find regulations regarding hunting dogs in the regulations summary brochure.
- Restrooms are not available at this location.
- No Daily-Use Permit is currently required. To hunt or fish you must possess the appropriate license and permit.
- During scheduled hunt days, all WMA visitors are encouraged to wear a daylight fluorescent orange shirt, vest, jacket and/or hat.
Caravelle Ranch Hunting Seasons
Archery: Sep 25 – Oct 3
Dove: Sep 25, Oct 2, Nov 27, Jan 8, 22, 29
Small Game: Nov 25 – Jan 9 (Thu, Fri, Sat and Sun only)
Supervised Small Game: Oct 9-17
General Gun: Nov 10-14, 17-21
Muzzleloading Gun: Oct 29-31
Turkey: Mar 23-27, Mar 30 – Apr 3
Youth Turkey: Mar 12-13 (south of the Cross Florida Barge Canal only)
Migratory Bird: See migratory bird hunting dates
These season dates are not comprehensive guides to the hunting seasons on these areas and may be subject to change. For additional information about dates, times and regulations please check the regulations summary brochure.