Branan Field - Planning Your Visit
Hiking is best in the fall through the spring when temperatures are lower and bugs fewer. Watch year-round for gopher tortoises, fox squirrels, Bachman’s sparrows, eastern towhees, eastern bluebirds, wild turkeys and white-tailed deer. Seasonal specialties include migratory warblers in the spring and fall and swallow-tailed kites in the summer.
- Get directions to Branan Field.
- No dogs or other pets are permitted on this area.
- No daily-use permit is required. No hunting or fishing is allowed on this area.
- Restrooms are not available at this location.
- Foot traffic only; vehicles and bikes are not permitted on trails at Branan Field. There is one entrance, with limited parking, onto the public-use area.
- During scheduled hunt days, all visitors are encouraged to wear a daylight fluorescent orange shirt, vest, jacket and/or hat.