Apalachee - Planning Your Visit
Apalachee Wildlife Management Area offers year-round opportunities for outdoor recreation. Hunts occur over limited periods between October and April. Pleasant temperatures in the fall, winter and spring provide the best times to hike, bike and horseback ride; watch for migratory birds in the spring and fall. Outstanding plant diversity (including some rare species) and seasonal wildflowers attract plant and butterfly enthusiasts.
- Get directions to Apalachee Wildlife Management Area.
- See the regulations summary for hours of operation and vehicle use guidelines.
- Dogs are permitted, but must be kept under physical restraint at all times. Find regulations regarding hunting dogs in the regulations summary.
- Restrooms are not available at this location.
- No daily use fees are required. To hunt or fish you must also possess the appropriate license and permit.
- Camping is available at nearby Three Rivers State Park.
Seasons Summary Dates (range July 2018 through June 2019)
|Archery||October 20 through November 18|
|General Gun||November 22-25 and December 8 through February 10 (Tuesdays, Thursdays, Saturdays and Sundays only in zones A and B, except hunting is allowed the Friday after Thanksgiving)|
|Muzzleloading Gun||December 1-3|
|Quail (Zone A)||December 18 through February 10 (Tuesdays, Thursdays, Saturdays and Sundays only)|
|Spring Turkey (Zones A, B and C)||March 16 through April 21 (Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays only) (Legal shooting hours are 1/2 hour before sunrise until 1 p.m.)|
Calendar does not reflect migratory game bird hunting seasons; please check the regulations summary for specifics.