Apalachee - Planning Your Visit
Apalachee Wildlife Management Area offers year-round opportunities for outdoor recreation. Hunts occur over limited periods between October and April. Pleasant temperatures in the fall, winter and spring provide the best times to hike, bike and horseback ride; watch for migratory birds in the spring and fall. Outstanding plant diversity (including some rare species) and seasonal wildflowers attract plant and butterfly enthusiasts.
- Get directions to Apalachee Wildlife Management Area.
- See the regulations summary for hours of operation and vehicle use guidelines.
- Dogs are permitted, but must be kept under physical restraint at all times. Find regulations regarding hunting dogs in the regulations summary.
- Restrooms are not available at this location.
- No daily use fees are required. To hunt or fish you must also possess the appropriate license and permit.
- Camping is available at nearby Three Rivers State Park.
Seasons Summary Dates (range July 2019 through June 2020)
|Archery||October 26 through November 24|
|General Gun||November 28 through December 1 and December 14 through February 16 (Tuesdays, Thursdays, Saturdays and Sundays only in zones A and B, except hunting is allowed the Friday after Thanksgiving)|
|Muzzleloading Gun||December 7-9|
|Quail (Zone A)||December 24 through February 16 (Tuesdays, Thursdays, Saturdays and Sundays only)|
|Spring Turkey (Zones A, B and C)||March 21 through April 26 (Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays only) (Legal shooting hours are 1/2 hour before sunrise until 1 p.m.)|