Apalachee - Planning Your Visit
Apalachee Wildlife Management Area offers year-round opportunities for outdoor recreation. Hunts occur over limited periods between October and April. Pleasant temperatures in the fall, winter and spring provide the best times to hike, bike and horseback ride; watch for migratory birds in the spring and fall. Outstanding plant diversity (including some rare species) and seasonal wildflowers attract plant and butterfly enthusiasts.
- Get directions to Apalachee Wildlife Management Area.
- See the regulations summary brochure for hours of operation and vehicle use guidelines.
- Dogs are permitted, but must be kept under physical restraint at all times. Find regulations regarding hunting dogs in the regulations summary brochure.
- Restrooms are not available at this location.
- No daily use fees are required. To hunt or fish you must also possess the appropriate license and permit.
- Camping is available at nearby Three Rivers State Park.