Andrews - Planning Your Visit
Opportunities for outdoor recreation at Andrews WMA abound throughout the year. However, during hunting days the area is only open to individuals with a quota hunt permit. Small, high-quality hunts for deer and feral hog are held on several weekends in the fall. Small game hunts occur on weekends in January, and turkey hunts are held on a few weekends in March and April.
Bank fishing is excellent along the Suwannee River shoreline and is best in April, May and June.
In the fall and spring, temperatures are usually pleasant. These are the best times to hike or bike and to see a variety of migratory birds.
Get directions by selecting an entrance icon on the entrance finder map.
- Download the Andrews Recreation Guide, the shorter Ready, Set, Go! guide or the Andrews WMA Trail Map.
- See the regulations summary brochure for hours of operation and vehicle use guidelines.
- Dogs are permitted, but must be kept under physical restraint at all times. Regulations regarding hunting dogs can be found in the regulations summary brochure.
- Restrooms are not available at this location.
- A Daily-Use Permit is required to enter this area, unless you have purchased a Management Area Permit. To hunt or fish you must also possess the appropriate license and permit.
- During scheduled hunt days, all WMA visitors are encouraged to wear a daylight fluorescent orange shirt, vest, jacket and/or hat.
Andrews Hunt Calendar
View hunting seasons and dates and download a 'Year-at-a-Glance' calendar of hunt days on the area.