Andrews - Planning Your Visit
Opportunities for outdoor recreation abound throughout the year, although during hunting days, the area is only open to individuals with a quota hunt permit. Small, high-quality hunts for deer and feral hog are held on several weekends in the fall. Small game hunts occur on weekends in January, and turkey hunts are held on a few weekends in March and April. Bank fishing is excellent along the Suwannee River shoreline and is best in April, May and June. In the fall and spring, temperatures are usually pleasant. These are the best times to hike or bike and to see a variety of migratory birds.
- Get directions to Andrews Wildlife Management Area.
- Order the Andrews Recreation Guide or print the shorter Ready, Set, Go! guide.
- See the Hunting Regulations brochure for hours of operation and vehicle use guidelines.
- Dogs are permitted, but must be kept under physical restraint at all times. Regulations regarding hunting dogs can be found in the Hunting Regulations brochure.
- Restrooms are not available at this location.
- A Daily-Use Permit is required to enter this area, unless you have purchased a Wildlife Management Area Permit. To hunt or fish you must also possess the appropriate license and permit.
Seasons Summary Dates (range July 2018 through June 2019)
|Archery||September 21-23 and 28-30|
|Supervised Youth||October 20-21 and 27-28|
|Muzzleloading Gun||November 2-4 and 9-11|
|General Gun||November 16-18|
|Small Game||November 23-25, December 28-30 and January 4-6|
|Family Hunt||January 19-20 and 26-27|
|Spring Turkey - Youth||March 9-10 (Legal shooting hours are 1/2 hour before sunrise until sunset)|
|Spring Turkey||March 22-24 and April 12-14 (Legal shooting hours are 1/2 hour before sunrise until sunset)|
|Wild Hog-Still||May 3-5 and 10-12|
Calendar does not reflect migratory game bird hunting seasons; please check the regulations summary for specifics.