Persons with Disabilities (PWD) Duck Blinds
To Obtain a Qualifying Card
Persons with Disabilities (PWD) Duck Blinds are currently at STA 5, TM Goodwin WMA and Guana River WMA. Hunters should complete an ADA Accommodation Request Form indicating they are requesting a PWD DUCK BLIND QUALIFYING CARD.
Note: If a hunter currently holds any of the certifications/permits listed below, they will only need to provide their contact information and the certification type, number and date issued (in the "description of accommodation requested" section); no further description will be needed.
NOTE: Having a Resident Persons with Disabilities Hunting and Fishing Certificate does not make a hunter eligible for PWD duck blind hunts. Following this process to obtain a Qualifying Card and Hunt Permit is necessary.
- Hunter must include a statement indicating their specific disability/condition, signed by a licensed Florida physician.
- Send ADA Request form to:
Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission
Waterfowl Management Program
8932 Apalachee Pkwy
Tallahassee, FL 32311
OR FAX (850-488-5884) or email (Ducks@MyFWC.com) a scanned copy of the signed form.
- Staff will verify and then enter applicant's information into database
- Qualifying Cards will be valid for a period of one-year (valid 1 July -30 June), or permanently if hunter holds one of above listed certifications/permits.
- Qualifying Card will be issued and mailed to qualified applicants.
- Once hunter has a qualifying card, they may apply for actual quota hunt permits for the PWD Duck Blinds.
- If a hunter loses their qualifying card, they may contact WMP (850-488-5878 or Ducks@MyFWC.com) and we will issue a replacement card.
To Obtain a PWD Hunt Permit
Blinds are currently located at the T. M. Goodwin WMA, STA 5 and Guana River WMA.
The PWD Duck Blind at Guana River WMA (352-732-1225) may be used on a first-come, first-served basis.
Permits for PWD Duck Blinds at T.M. Goodwin and STA 5 are issued on first-come, first-served basis beginning at 10 am each Wednesday during the duck season. Permits will be issued for the next two hunts at both locations (Sat/Tues at Goodwin; Sun AM/PM at STA 5).
- Goodwin PWD Duck Blind permits are only issued by the TM Goodwin WMA office (321-726-2862);
- STA5 PWD Duck Blind permits are only issued by the West Palm Beach Office (561-625-5122).
Hunters should call the appropriate office, request a quota permit for PWD Duck Blind and provide their Qualifying Card number.
Permit is issued for requested hunt date (if available). Name of permit holder and Qualifying Card number will be recorded and provided to the check station operator; however NO PHYSICAL QUOTA PERMIT WILL BE MAILED to hunter.
Hunters should bring the Qualifying Card and necessary hunting license/waterfowl permits to the hunt area on day of hunt and follows established check in procedure.
Waterfowl Management Program
North Florida Field Station, 8932 Apalachee Pkwy, Tallahassee, FL 32311
850-488-5878 (FAX 850-488-5884) Andrew Fanning, Buddy Welch
T.M. Goodwin Waterfowl Management Area - 321-726-2862
West Palm Beach Office - 561-625-5122 (For STA 5 blinds)
Guana River WMA - 352-732-1225