Skip to main content

Mobility-Impaired Certification

The FWC offers hunts on some wildlife management areas to hunters who are certified to be mobility-impaired.  These hunts are offered exclusively for certified mobility-impaired hunters.

What this certification allows:

  • For the certified mobility-impaired hunter to be eligible to apply for and participate in Mobility-Impaired Quota hunts.  The certification must be in the physical possession of the holder when participating in Mobility-Impaired Quota hunts and must be presented to any law enforcement officer, FWC personnel, Forest Service personnel or other law enforcement personnel upon request.

What this certification does NOT allow:

  • Hunting or fishing without required licenses and permits.
  • Access to wildlife management areas when they are closed due to weather or other emergency closures.

Requirements and conditions

  • Completion of the FWC Physician Certification Form (accessible to print during the online application process) with a statement by a licensed physician that the applicant is permanently disabled with a qualifying mobility-impairment. Applicants with temporary disabilities are not eligible for mobility-impaired certification. Qualifying disabilities include:
    • Paraplegic
    • Hemiplegic
    • Quadriplegic
    • Permanently-dependent upon a wheelchair for ambulation
    • Permanently-required to use assisted aids to walk
    • Permanently-required to use braces or prostheses on both legs
    • Single-leg above-the-knee amputation

Information you must have available to apply for this permit:

  1. Contact and identification information, including a day-time telephone number where you can be reached during normal business hours.
  2. A valid email address to provide in order to receive notification of application approval or denial.  If an e-mail address is not provided, the applicant may return to the application site periodically to determine if the permit was approved and to then print the certification.
  3. Adobe Reader and a printer.

How to apply for this permit (User Guide):

  1. Click the "Apply for Mobility-Impaired Certification" button below to access the login screen. 
  2. If you have previously applied online for an FWC permit or certification, log in.  If you have not applied online for an FWC special permit before, click on "Create Account" and enter the requested information to create an account and continue. 
  3. Select “Customer Applications” 
  4. Click the “Apply for Permit” button. 
  5. Print the required Physician Certification Form (and a Cover Sheet if planning to return the completed form by fax or mail). 
  6. Have your doctor complete and sign the Physician Certification Form. Scan and upload the completed Physician Certification Form within your account, or fax/mail it with the provided cover sheet. 
  7. Complete the form and submit. 
  8. Your completed application will be reviewed by FWC staff, who will send an email message with notification of approval or denial of the application.  If you do not supply an email, you will need to check your status in your account. 
  9. Once approved, the mobility certification number will be assigned to your account.  

Permit holders must reapply very five years by resubmitting an application form, but the physician certification verifying permanent mobility-impaired disability does not need to be resubmitted.  Permit holders who have not renewed within three years of the expiration date will be purged from the system and must submit both the application and physician's certification form.

Apply for Mobility-impaired Certification (MI) Now 

If you have general questions, need help renewing your permit or check the status of your application call 855-779-5907. 

If you need an ADA accommodation to complete this application call 850-488-6411.