Quail Enhancement Areas: 2024 Hunt Dates
Quail enhancement areas provide hunt opportunities at specified wildlife management areas that feature land management activities benefitting bobwhites.
See below for 2024 hunt dates and links to each WMA's regulations brochure.
2023-2024 Hunting Season Information
Outside of the Wildlife Management Area System
Statewide Nov. 11 – March 3
Daily bag limit: 12
Possession limit: 24
Rifles, shotguns, pistols, muzzleloaders, air guns, crossbows and bows may be used. Quail also may be taken during archery, crossbow and muzzleloading gun seasons using the respective methods of take allowed during those seasons.
Wildlife Management Areas
If planning to hunt a wildlife management area (WMA), please consult the WMA regulations brochure for the area you wish to hunt as seasons, dates, and bag limits may differ from the statewide season.
- Northern Bobwhite Species Information
- Report your Quail Sightings
- Strategic Plan for Northen Bobwhite Restoration
- Bringing Back the Bobwhites with Teamwork
- Southeast Quail Study Group
- National Bobwhite Conservation Initiative
- Wildlife and Habitat Assistance
- Fire Science Information for the Southeastern U.S.