Species Conservation Measures and Permitting Guidelines
Species Conservation Measures and Permitting Guidelines are being developed for all species included Florida's Imperiled Species Management Plan. Completion of Guidelines for all species included in Florida's Imperiled Species Management Plan is anticipated in 2021.
While guidelines are being developed, stakeholders can provide written comments on the Guidelines to Imperiled@myfwc.com. Public webinars will be conducted during public comment periods, which occur for each set of Guidelines developed. Public comment opportunities will be advertised in the Florida Administrative Register and on this webpage
These Guidelines are intended to provide clear information on the requirements established in F. A. C. related to intentional and incidental take permitting. They also provide guidance on species range, survey methodology, and recommended practices.
Below are the Guidelines approved by the Commission
- Alligator snapping turtle guidelines
- Barbour's map turtle guidelines
- Delisted keys reptiles guidelines
- Florida brown snake guidelines
- Florida Keys mole skink guidelines
- Florida pine snake guidelines (revised 2020)
- Key ringneck snake guidelines
- Rim rock crowned snake guidelines
- Short-tailed snake guidelines
- Suwannee cooter guidelines