Nuisance Alligator Trapper Application
FWC Form 1002AT
- Trappers must live within or near the proposed assigned coverage area.
- Trappers must have email capability and be proficient with electronic communications.
- Trappers must have the time and flexibility to effectively accomplish their duties.
- Trappers may need to have additional employment. Being a contracted nuisance alligator trapper will not provide sufficient income to support an individual or family.
- Trappers must be committed to providing exemplary customer service while performing their duties.
- Applicants will be required to submit additional personal information (Date of Birth, Social Security Number and Driver's License Number) if contacted about an opening.
- Once under contract, trappers may elect to have as many designated agents as they wish to assist with the duties and responsibilities of this position. However, each designated agent must possess a valid alligator trapping agent license (ATA). This license requires an annual renewal at a cost of $50.
This is an application only. Please answer all application questions, as incomplete applications will not be taken into consideration for a position. If a position becomes available, we will contact applicants that reside near the vacancy and schedule interviews as appropriate.
When you submit this application, you certify the following:
I attest that I have read and I understand the Nuisance Alligator Trapper Agreement, Florida Administrative Code 68A-25.003 (Taking and Disposal of Nuisance Alligators Statewide), and other pertinent rules as applicable. I am aware that any omissions, falsifications, misstatements, or misrepresentations above may disqualify me for employment consideration and, if I am contracted, may be grounds for termination at a later date. I understand that any information I give may be investigated as allowed by law. I consent to the release of information about my ability, employment history, and fitness for employment by employers, schools, law enforcement agencies, and other individuals and organizations to investigators, personnel staff, and other authorized employees of Florida state government for employment purposes. This consent shall continue to be effective during my employment if I am contracted. I understand that applications submitted for state contracts are public records except as exempted above. I certify that to the best of my knowledge and belief all of the statements contained herein and on any attachments are true, correct, complete, and made in good faith.