Conditional Nonnative Species List
- Procambarus clarkii (Red swamp crayfish)
- Pond aquaculture is prohibited but P. clarkii may be possessed west of the Apalachicola River or imported for direct sale to food wholesalers and food retailers for re-sale to consumers without permit
- Procambarus zonangulus (White river crayfish)
- Pond aquaculture is prohibited but P. zonangulus may be possessed west of the Apalachicola River or imported for direct sale to food wholesalers and food retailers for re-sale to consumers without permit
- Cherax quadricarinatus (Australian red claw crayfish) (may be cultured in tank culture systems only)
Genus Salminus, all species
- Oreochromis aureus (Blue tilapia)
- Oreochromis urolepis (Wami or Rufigi tilapia)
- Oreochromis mossambicus (Mozambique tilapia)
- Oreochromis niloticus (Nile tilapia)
- Ctenopharyngodon idella (Grass carp)
- Rules and restrictions for C. idella are described in 68A-23.088, F.A.C.
- Hypophthalmichthys molitrix (Silver carp)
- Hypophthalmichthys nobilis (Bighead carp)
- Mylopharyngodon piceus (Black carp)
- Hypopterus macropterus (Spikey bass)
- Genus Lates, all species
- Psammoperca waigensis (Waigieu seaperch)
Family Osteoglossidae, all species except silver arowana, (Osteoglossum bicirrhosum)
Genera Arapaima and Heterotis, all species
Family Potamotrygonidae, all species
- Micropterus salmoides salmoides (Northern largemouth bass)
- Exception: intergrade largemouth bass (northern largemouth bass x Florida largemouth bass Micropterus salmoides floridanus) may be possessed in the Suwannee River and its tributaries and north and west of the Suwannee River
- A permit is required to acquire red-eared sliders for personal possession; red-eared sliders must be contained in outdoor facilities that have a permanent containment barrier secured at least six inches below ground level to prevent escape by digging, erosion, climbing or by passing through gaps; such barriers may be constructed of solid metal or weather-resistant and rot-resistant material, and may not use mesh material. All eggs must be removed and destroyed daily from outdoor facilities.
- Red-eared sliders in personal possession prior to July 1, 2007 may continue in the possession of the owner.
- Red-eared sliders less than four inches carapace length may not be possessed after July 1, 2008 without a permit.
- Red-eared sliders with distinctive aberrant color patterns, including albino or amelanistic specimens, may be possessed without a permit otherwise required by the rule.