Report a sick, injured, or dead raccoon, opossum, squirrel, or fox
Thank you for your concern and assistance with Florida’s conservation efforts.
Please contact the FWC’s Wildlife Health Hotline at 866-CWD-WATCH (866-293-9282); Please leave a message and a biologist will call you back during regular business hours.
Be prepared to provide information for the following questions:
- Was any person or pet bitten, scratched, or otherwise exposed? If you have been bitten or scratched, please contact your local health department immediately.
- When did you see the animal?
- How many have you observed sick/dead or injured?
- What is the exact location of the animal?
- How long have you observed the animal in this condition?
- What behaviors did you observe in the animal?
- Can you provide a contact number where you can be reached for further information?
After contacting the FWC’s Wildlife Health Hotline, a wildlife health biologist will call you back at the number you provided. Please leave us a message. In the meantime, please prepare pictures and/or a video of the sick or injured mammal to share with our team. This footage can assist in determining what is wrong.
For more information about disease monitoring in raccoons, opossums, squirrels, and other mammals in Florida, please visit the Wildlife Health page.