Report a sick, injured, or dead panther or bobcat
Thank you for your concern and assistance with Florida’s panther conservation efforts.
Please contact the FWC’s Wildlife Alert Hotline through one of these options:
- Call 888-404-FWCC (3922)
- Call #FWC or *FWC from your cell phone
Note: If you need a translator for Spanish, French or German, please alert the dispatch staff to contact one for you.
Be prepared to provide information for the following questions:
- Was any person or pet bitten, scratched or otherwise exposed?
- Is the panther alive or dead? Live, healthy panthers can be reported online.
- If sick/injured, when did you see the panther or bobcat?
- If sick/injured, what is the exact location of the panther or bobcat?
- How long have you observed the panther or bobcat?
- Can you provide a contact number where you can be reached for further information?
After contacting the FWC’s Wildlife Alert Hotline, a panther biologist will call you back at the number you provided. In the meantime, please prepare pictures and/or a video of the sick or injured panther to share with our team. This footage can assist in determining what is wrong with the panther.
For more information about the Florida panther please visit the panther program page.
For more information about disease monitoring in Florida panthers and bobcats please visit the panther disorder update page.