Okaloacoochee Slough - Planning Your Visit
Okaloacoochee Slough offers year-round opportunities for recreation. Small, high-quality hunts are held on several weekends in the late summer and fall. Turkey hunts are scheduled in the spring. The late fall, winter and spring are best times to hike, bike and horseback ride and to see a variety of migratory birds. Butterfly and plant enthusiasts will appreciate fall blooming wildflowers and the many species of butterflies that they attract.
- Get directions to Okaloacoochee Slough Wildlife Management Area. Three access points along CR 832 have parking.
- See the Regulations Summary for hours of operation and vehicle use guidelines.
- Dogs are permitted, but must be kept under physical restraint at all times. Regulations regarding hunting dogs can be found in the Regulations Summary.
- Port-o-lets are available in the primitive camping area on Wild Cow Grade. One port-o-let is handicap-accessible.
- The Florida Forest Service requires an entrance or recreation use fee in designated areas. Hunters are exempt from paying these fees during scheduled hunts and scouting days. For information on general recreation and fees, contact the Florida Forest Service at (863) 612-0776. To hunt or fish you must also possess the appropriate license and permit. Find more information at the Florida Forest Service’s web page for Okaloacoochee Slough.
Seasons Summary Dates (range July 2019 through June 2020)
|Muzzleloading Gun||September 7-9 and 14-16|
|Family Hunt||September 21-22|
|General Gun||September 28 - October 6|
|Small Game||November 9 - January 12|
|Spring Turkey||March 7-15|