Dinner Island - Planning Your Visit
Dinner Island Wildlife Management Area offers year round opportunities for outdoor recreation. High-quality hunts for deer, feral hog and migratory game birds are held on several weekends in the late summer and fall with a small game season following. Turkey hunts are held on four weekends between February and April. Please note that horses are not permitted during periods open to hunting, except during dove hunts.
In the late fall, winter and spring, temperatures are usually pleasant. These are the best times to hike, bike and horseback ride and to see a variety of migratory birds. Butterfly and plant enthusiasts will appreciate fall-blooming wildflowers and the many species of butterflies that they attract.
- Get directions to Dinner Island WMA.
- See the Regulations Summary for hours of operation and vehicle use guidelines.
- For purposes other than hunting, dogs are allowed, but must be kept under physical restraint at all times. Find regulations regarding hunting dogs in the Regulations Summary.
- Horses are allowed only on named and numbered roads; however, they are prohibited during archery, muzzleloading gun, general gun, family hunt and spring turkey seasons.
- No daily-use permit is currently required to enter this area. To hunt or fish you must possess the appropriate license and permit.
- Vault toilets are located at the Hammock Campground and at the check station.
Seasons Summary Dates (range July 2019 through June 2020)
|Archery||August 9-12, 16-19, 23-26, and August 30 - September 2|
|Dove||September 28, October 5, 12 and 19, November 9, 16, 23 and 30, December 21 and 28, and January 4, 11, 18 and 25 (Hunters may enter the posted dove fields no earlier than 11 a.m. and shall exit the field 1 hour after sunset) (Dove Field Only)|
|Family Hunt||October 12-13 and 19-20|
|General Gun||September 21-23, 27-29 and October 4-6|
|Muzzleloading Gun||September 13-15|
|Small Game||October 21 - February 23|
|Spring Turkey||March 7-9, 14-16 and April 4-6|
|Spring Turkey - Youth||February 29 through March 1|