Dinner Island - Planning Your Visit
Dinner Island Wildlife Management Area offers year round opportunities for outdoor recreation. High-quality hunts for deer, feral hog and migratory game birds are held on several weekends in the late summer and fall with a small game season following. Turkey hunts are held on four weekends between February and April. Please note that horses are not permitted during periods open to hunting, except during dove hunts.
In the late fall, winter and spring, temperatures are usually pleasant. These are the best times to hike, bike and horseback ride and to see a variety of migratory birds. Butterfly and plant enthusiasts will appreciate fall-blooming wildflowers and the many species of butterflies that they attract.
- Get directions to Dinner Island WMA.
- For hours of operation and vehicle use guidelines, see the regulations summary brochure.
- For purposes other than hunting, dogs are allowed, but must be kept under physical restraint at all times. Find regulations regarding hunting dogs in the regulations summary brochure.
- Horses are allowed only on named and numbered roads; however, they are prohibited during archery, muzzleloading gun, general gun, family hunt and spring turkey seasons.
- No daily-use permit is currently required to enter this area. To hunt or fish you must possess the appropriate license and permit.
- Vault toilets are located at the Hammock Campground and at the check station.
- During scheduled hunt days, all WMA visitors are encouraged to wear a daylight fluorescent orange shirt, vest, jacket and/or hat.
Dinner Island Hunting Seasons
Archery: Aug 6-9, 13-16, 20-23, 27-30
Muzzleloading Gun: Sep 10-12
Dove: Sep 25, Oct 2, 9, 16, Nov 13, 20, 27, Dec 4, 25, Jan 1, 8, 15, 22, 29
General Gun: Sep 24-26, Oct 1-3, 8-10
Family Hunt: Sep 18-19, Oct 16-17
Small Game: Oct 18 – Feb 20
Turkey: Mar 5-7, 12-14, Apr 2-4
Youth Turkey: Feb 26-27
Migratory Bird: See migratory bird hunting dates
These season dates are not comprehensive guides to the hunting seasons on these areas and may be subject to change. For additional information about dates, times and regulations please check the regulations summary brochure.