Box-R - Planning Your Visit
From archery season in October to spring turkey season in April, Box-R WMA offers ample opportunities for hunting deer, turkey, feral hog and small game. Hiking, biking and horseback riding are most pleasant on non-hunting days in the fall through the spring. Enjoy paddling year-round, but heat, thunderstorms and biting insects can make summer visits unpleasant. The fall and spring seasons are best for birding. New spring leaves and colorful fall foliage on the deciduous gum trees, red maples and cypress trees make for excellent nature viewing.
- Get directions to Box-R Wildlife Management Area.
- See the Regulations Summary for hours of operation and vehicle use guidelines.
- Dogs are permitted, but must be kept under physical restraint at all times.
- Regulations regarding hunting dogs can be found in the Regulations Summary.
- Restrooms are not available at this location.
- A Daily-Use Permit is not currently required to enter this area. To hunt or fish, you must possess the appropriate license and permit.
Seasons Summary Dates (range July 2019 through June 2020)
|Wild Hog - Dog||July 12-14, August 9-11, September 13-15, May 8-10 and June 12-14 (Hunting is allowed from sunset until 10:00 a.m. Hunts begin at 12:01 a.m. Friday morning and end at midnight Sunday evening.)|
|Archery||October 26 - November 10|
|Small Game||November 9-24|
|General Gun||November 28 - December 1, January 16-19, 23-26 and January 30 - February 2|
|Muzzleloading Gun||December 7-9|
|Wild Hog - Still||December 14-20|
|Spring Turkey||March 21-24, April 2-5 and 16-19|