Box-R - Planning Your Visit
From archery season in October to spring turkey season in April, Box-R WMA offers ample opportunities for hunting deer, turkey, feral hog and small game. Hiking, biking and horseback riding are most pleasant on non-hunting days in the fall through the spring. Enjoy paddling year-round, but heat, thunderstorms and biting insects can make summer visits unpleasant. The fall and spring seasons are best for birding. New spring leaves and colorful fall foliage on the deciduous gum trees, red maples and cypress trees make for excellent nature viewing.
Get directions by selecting an entrance icon on the entrance finder map.
- See the regulations summary brochure for hours of operation and vehicle use guidelines.
- Dogs are permitted, but must be kept under physical restraint at all times.
- Regulations regarding hunting dogs can be found in the regulations summary brochure.
- Restrooms are not available at this location.
- A Daily-Use Permit is not currently required to enter this area. To hunt or fish, you must possess the appropriate license and permit.
- During scheduled hunt days, all WMA visitors are encouraged to wear a daylight fluorescent orange shirt, vest, jacket and/or hat.